International Festival 2007

Yeah, I am really excited about iFest this year. The lineup looks incredible:

iFest Announces Music Line-Up for 2007

* George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic

* Lucinda Williams

* Ang

Edited by dbigtex56
Posts 1 - 10 moved from previous i-Fest thread

... dangit, how come i never saw this thread before. I usually never go to Int. Fest. but last year I would have.

The bands listed above (George Clinton et al) are for THIS YEAR'S I-Fest.

I go every year, but I never go for the "host country". The music and the food are my reasons for going! Although the Shaolin Kung Fu exhibition sounds like a good thing too!

Yeah, I thought it was a little odd too that when you goto the site it has a number of other ethnicities and cultures highlighted. In fact, I saw the itty-bitty logo with China at the top and at first thought they were simply sponsoring a portion of the festival.

It (their logic) is a bit ... perplexing.

China is not exactly a mystery. I've been seeing them air their dirty laundry (literally) at the consulate on Montrose for 20 years. I've got their number.

I'll be sure to check out these tents:

Organ theft rings

Falon Gong supression

Old School Communism

Tasty endangered animals

How to ruin the environment

Working with Wal-Mart

Slave Trade

Burn Tibet

Keeping the Rural Poor, Poor

Human Rights Campaing - Who Cares!

Currency Manipulation 101

Sounds like it will be a blast this year.

I couldn't see is it being North Korea that were honoring, isn't that the country that has complete disdaine for America?

Actually so may countries hate us right now I lost count.

Diane Sawyer had a lenghthy docu on N Korea about a month ago. Boy do they hate, hate, hate us. However, they know all of our history, discretely watch our tv shows (know all the soap opera stars) & secretly buy many US pop culture items. The ruler of the country orders them to loath us. Any way... other topic. Peace! :lol:

Freaking China! What MORON picked China?

China no good.

No $#!+, like I have never have chinese food, WOW, that is so unique, can't wait :rolleyes:

China is not exactly a mystery. I've been seeing them air their dirty laundry (literally) at the consulate on Montrose for 20 years. I've got their number.

Organ theft rings

Falon Gong supression

Old School Communism

Tasty endangered animals

Working with Wal-Mart

Slave Trade

Burn Tibet

Provide cheap goods for all of our 99 Cent Only stores!

Organ theft rings

Falon Gong supression

Old School Communism

Tasty endangered animals

Working with Wal-Mart

Slave Trade

Burn Tibet

you could come up with a list like that for countless countries. you can't possibly not acknowledge their entire culture because of that.

you can't possibly not acknowledge their entire culture because of that.

Sure I can! But thank you for reminding me. Try THAT in China:

China Tightens Internet Controls - http://www.hrw.org/press/2001/08/china-0801.htm

According to iFest it's not acknowledgement. It's a "an ancient and future celebration." Thankfully they decided not to focus on the present.

This entire event went downhill the day someone decided to call it the "iFest". I bet it was the same guy who came up with NoDo.

Sounds like it will be a blast this year.

I couldn't see is it being North Korea that were honoring, isn't that the country that has complete disdaine for America?

Actually so may countries hate us right now I lost count.

Diane Sawyer had a lenghthy docu on N Korea about a month ago. Boy do they hate, hate, hate us. However, they know all of our history, discretely watch our tv shows (know all the soap opera stars) & secretly buy many US pop culture items. The ruler of the country orders them to loath us. Any way... other topic. Peace! :lol:

Wrong, they hate the Bush Administration! Same goes for Iran. Might as well add Europeans also.

Edited by icanluv2

Sure I can! But thank you for reminding me. Try THAT in China:

China Tightens Internet Controls - http://www.hrw.org/press/2001/08/china-0801.htm

According to iFest it's not acknowledgement. It's a "an ancient and future celebration." Thankfully they decided not to focus on the present.

This entire event went downhill the day someone decided to call it the "iFest". I bet it was the same guy who came up with NoDo.

I had no idea that they started calling it those scary names.

I keep thinking I might see a U-Haul truck filled w/fertilizer parked near the festival now, especially after all these scary threads. Yikes! :ph34r: