Grindhouse

Montrose1100

4dniefk.jpg

I want to see because it looks so ridiculous, almost funny. I can't help but laugh everytime I see the commercial with the stripper who has an AR-15 for a LEG! :lol::rolleyes: > :) So is this just "running out of ideas", or just for fun?

Edited by Montrose1100

I want to see because it looks so ridiculous, almost funny. I can't help but laugh everytime I see the commercial with the stripper who has an AR-15 for a LEG! :lol::rolleyes: > :) So is this just "running out of ideas", or just for fun?

It's for fun. Maybe.

"Grindhouse," soaked in bloody nostalgia for the cheesy, disreputable pleasures of an older form of movie entertainment, can also be seen as a passionate protest against the present state of the entertainment industry. - A. O. Scott, New York Times movie review

It's for fun. Maybe.

"Grindhouse," soaked in bloody nostalgia for the cheesy, disreputable pleasures of an older form of movie entertainment, can also be seen as a passionate protest against the present state of the entertainment industry. - A. O. Scott, New York Times movie review

Good article! I've never actually heard of the 60's "Grindhouse" thing they were going for. But, I still want to see it.

The reviews have been either wildly enthusiastic or downright depressing. Overally, the critics (if you wanna believe them) have been generally kind about the Rodriguez flick, but are kind of panning the Tarantino 2nd half.

They all tend to like the 'commercials' that appear between the two films.

The reviews have been either wildly enthusiastic or downright depressing. Overally, the critics (if you wanna believe them) have been generally kind about the Rodriguez flick, but are kind of panning the Tarantino 2nd half.

They all tend to like the 'commercials' that appear between the two films.

Saw it last night, on my first trip out to the Alamo Drafthouse (seemed appropriate for a few reasons, even if we're not in Austin - one of the characters even wears an Alamo Drafthouse t-shirt in the movie). The Rodriguez film was a fun homage, and his recurring theme song/rift is great; the trailers before and between the films were great; and there were elements of the Tarantino movie that were entertaining. But, yeah, it's probably good to go in with lowered expectations for the second film. Sorry, Quentin.

4dniefk.jpg

Having not seen the film yet, how does she pull the trigger? :unsure:

Was it something to were you uses her leg muscles to fire, or does she have to actually reach dow and over to pull the trigger?

Edited by Pumapayam

Having not seen the film yet, how does she pull the trigger? :unsure:

Was it something to were you uses her leg muscles to fire, or does she have to actually reach dow and over to pull the trigger?

Good point! Don't know how the spoiler function works, but I'll give it a try. It's not even really a spoiler, but I know some people don't want to know any details at all...

There's a chance that I missed the explanation, but I don't think there was

one. It just seems to fire at will. But the feel of the movie is

such that you don't expect/require explanations for much of what happens.

Good point! Don't know how the spoiler function works, but I'll give it a try. It's not even really a spoiler, but I know some people don't want to know any details at all...

There's a chance that I missed the explanation, but I don't think there was

one. It just seems to fire at will. But the feel of the movie is

such that you don't expect/require explanations for much of what happens.

clever! :)

You can see in the commercials that she doesn't have to pull the trigger

just say that 2 full lengths togehter can be a bit much, I enjoyed it, but I can see others saying this is just to long to be in the theatre. Also, just because its natural one is better than the other, and its not even close. Worth seeing though.