Allison Anadarko Tower At 1201 Lake Robbins Dr.

Guest Marty

You will notice it more from the south. He thinks I am bashing The Woodlands, My dad Survey The Woodlands, Kingwood and Friendswood in the late 60/early 70's.

Edited by Marty

I notice this building leans towards the artificial lake. Do you think they will have correct this at some point in time, maybe filling the lake in with dirt?

29ygv4h.jpg

link to the pic.

http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc14320.php

It's not leaning, it's called barrel distortion. It's because you're taking a picture of something square (the building) with something round (the camera lens). If the building was in the center of the picture you'd barely be able to notice it.

If you took a picture of the building with a square camera (medium/large format) or a tilt-shift lens (square) then it wouldn't look like it's leaning.

• Like 1

It's not leaning, it's called barrel distortion. It's because you're taking a picture of something square (the building) with something round (the camera lens). If the building was in the center of the picture you'd barely be able to notice it.

If you took a picture of the building with a square camera (medium/large format) or a tilt-shift lens (square) then it wouldn't look like it's leaning.

You beat me to it Editor. Anyway, it is without question barrel distortion.

You beat me to it Editor. Anyway, it is without question barrel distortion.

I still think it's b/c the camera is pointed at an upward angle :) If the horizon was in the middle of the photograph, it'd be straight with the edge of the picture. Wouldn't barrel distortion have more of a warp to it?

EDIT: Hmmm...then again, that sign on the right looks pretty straight...

Edited by OkieEric

Ask someone who works on the top floor if their office drawers are always opening :lol::lol:

I remember when I was working in the Wells Fargo Plaza Building (33rd floor), my first week in my office a storm came through and my drawers were opening, and it sounded as if I were in a ship. I remember it got so bad they closed the elevators and made people take the stairs (I did not, I waited it out).

I still think it's b/c the camera is pointed at an upward angle :) If the horizon was in the middle of the photograph, it'd be straight with the edge of the picture. Wouldn't barrel distortion have more of a warp to it?

EDIT: Hmmm...then again, that sign on the right looks pretty straight...

Your not level with the horizon in the photo, your down on the right side a degree or two. regardless, it's still barrell distortion.

• 2 years later...

http://hq.constructi...ry_id=137521645

Anadarko's 30-story headquarters building, which was completed in 2002, also received the 2008 and 2009 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Energy Star Award in recognition of its savings on energy consumption. The company has worked collaboratively with various vendors to upgrade features such as the air filtration, the building automation system, and lighting infrastructure and controls. In addition, the team improved the facility's recycling programs and implemented green-cleaning and water-usage control programs.

• The title was changed to Allison Anadarko Tower
  • The title was changed to Allison Anadarko Tower At 1201 Lake Robbins Dr.