Post Oak Central Campus At 1990 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2023 at 12:38 AM, Urbannizer said:

Building 3 is the one in the center, furthest from Post Oak Blvd.

post-oak-central-by-philip-johnson.jpg

see the one story "plaza" on the left behind the front left tower? that was home to Tommy's, Apache Cafe 54, a daycare center, fur store and dry cleaner... today i drove by and every single business in that plaza is closed and there are large dumpsters in front of mainly the Apache Cafe 54 section...anyone know what is going on? there is taped paper on the Apache Cafe 54 windows which makes me think more remodel than demolition?....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

okay so on the image in the post above of the buildings, it seems they have already removed the natural gas station at McCue and Guilford Ct (as i type), the dumpster and equipment building adjacent to it is now down to its basic wall and i guess the weird closed drive thru bank is next...and then of course that whole building along Guilford Court (where Tommy's etc was) is now vacant with dumpsters removing all remnants of Cafe 54 etc...so i guess that whole Guilford Ct line of buildings will be demolished soon then? and they will just keep the empty Apache building if i am reading all these posts correctly?

• Like 1

hate that i cannot edit the post above but that plaza building i am referring to actually backs up to the large parking garage that goes along Guilford Ct so again, not sure if that is going if the Apache building is staying...

oy...anyway i will be quiet and just watch this thread for updates haha 🤪

Just found this on the Post Oak Central website:

located on a prime stretch, midpoint between San Felipe Street and Westheimer Road, providing easy access to the 610 Loop along with interstates 59 and 69.

🙄

And the Southwest Freeway as well!

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Haha 4