McDonald's At 3611 N. Main St.

Mack Tripper

I am proud to have been an integral part of yet another HAIF thread hijacking. :D

At the risk of ruining your self-congratulatory buzz (and continuing the hijack): mountain dew is even worse.

I think we can all agree that the best solution is a Jamaican guy bringing you a strong coffee, a bottle of Ting and a strong glass of Appleton on the tray. You decide the order.

Ok. end of hijack.

Edited by crunchtastic

At the risk of ruining your self-congratulatory buzz (and continuing the hijack): mountain dew is even worse.

I think we can all agree that the best solution is a Jamaican guy bringing you a strong coffee, a bottle of Ting and a strong glass of Appleton on the tray. You decide the order.

Ok. end of hijack.

[hijack]

That depends on your sex and/or sexual orientation.

JMHO

Now a Jamaican Girl in a G-string....I'm SO there.

[/hijack]

Edited by ricco67

Ehh...Mountain Dew is only used in a crisis. Lately, I've become quite the fan of Rum and Ruby Red...not just good, but good for you.

I'm delighted to hear you're looking after yourself, really. ;) You should have come to the east side last weekend. A certain someone could benefit from your experience.

The McDonalds in League City has also met the wrecking ball. It was pretty nasty.

But they did have some cool vintage NASA pictures. Hopefully somebody got those.

I took a different route home yesterday and just noticed the lot where League City Mc D used to be. That place was always packed. Will they rebuild? Can't imagine they would want to lose all that business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Brand spanking new fancy pants McDonalds is already open. It doesn't look bad, as McDonalds goes.

i agree.

i thought that they were doing this for the heights, since we are so fancy. however, on a recent trip to league city, i saw 2 others that underwent a similar renovation. i will say ours is bigger, and in the end that is what counts, right? ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that old MacDonald's brings back memories...

My father, brother, sister and I did all the tile work on that place when the built it in the early 80s...maybe 83?

well my dad did the actual real laying of the tile cause we was kids but we mixed the mortar, stacked tiles, grouted and all the other things a laborer would do.

interestingly enough my sister managed to get on the radio- i believe 79Q or something doing requests but since she was a kid they gave her a song to dedicate and told her what to say...

it was Babe by Styx...

ahhh memories of childhood...

now dont tell me anything else is gonna happen to that check cashing place up on 45 north at Aldine Bender on the west side of 45...

Wow that old MacDonald's brings back memories...

My father, brother, sister and I did all the tile work on that place when the built it in the early 80s...maybe 83?

well my dad did the actual real laying of the tile cause we was kids but we mixed the mortar, stacked tiles, grouted and all the other things a laborer would do.

interestingly enough my sister managed to get on the radio- i believe 79Q or something doing requests but since she was a kid they gave her a song to dedicate and told her what to say...

it was Babe by Styx...

ahhh memories of childhood...

now dont tell me anything else is gonna happen to that check cashing place up on 45 north at Aldine Bender on the west side of 45...

93Q KKBQ(?) The Q Morning Zoo. Mr. Leonards was featured in the morning in his lime green suit (so we were told). "Ewwww, that's purty dress you got on, but I bet it's a booger to iron" was one of his favorite lines.

Has anyone seen the Micky D's on N. Main? It looks like something from the L.A. riots or Beirut. Bricks and parts of the building are all over the place, trashcans rolling around in the parking lot. Anyone know what's up?

The new Mcdonalds is also the style of McDonalds that sits outside of McDonald's Hamburger University..so maybe this is their new green movement for what its worth...

• The title was changed to What Happened To Mcdonald's On North Main St.
  • The title was changed to McDonald's At 3611 N. Main St.