Historic Houston Barber Colleges

Vertigo58

Just wondered if anyone can recall either visiting one of these in their youth or even better, if they knew anyone that attended these schools decades ago?

Can you name the style of haircut you used to get back when? I recall a flat top as kid (dad was very military like).

It seemed like these schools were just about every where once. Seldom see here any more. Times are a changing.

http://www.tucsonscottishrite.org/dressing1.jpg

• Like 1

It seemed like these schools were just about every where once. Seldom see here any more. Times are a changing.

There's still one open on Eagle St., just off Main (north of Sears parking lot). It's adjacent to Wig City, which always struck me as somehow funny. I guess if the students mess up your buzz cut, you can always zip next door to cover the damage.

I used to go to the one on Edgebrook at I-45. When I was young, I got a Dorothy Hamill. When I got to high school, it was mullet time.

My mom used to take me there too.

Unfortunately for me, after they nicked my ear one too many times, she decided to go back to the kitchen with me. Can you spell B-O-W-L?!?

stoogeMoe.jpg

I thought you could.

There's still one open on Eagle St., just off Main (north of Sears parking lot). It's adjacent to Wig City, which always struck me as somehow funny. I guess if the students mess up your buzz cut, you can always zip next door to cover the damage.

Hilarious!

I remember asking mom what they were and she said well its where they teach people how to cut hair. I always thought only a dare devil would let a novice cut their hair. I told mom I would be afraid if they screwed up but (she being the eternal optimist) always said; "Well they have the most modern tools and best teachers in town, so theres no need to worry" Of course I believed it. :wacko:

By the time we were in 6th grade all the guys had to have a David Cassidy "shag" cut or you were square man!

david_cassidy1.jpg

Just wondered if anyone can recall either visiting one of these in their youth or even better, if they knew anyone that attended these schools decades ago?

Can you name the style of haircut you used to get back when? I recall a flat top as kid (dad was very military like).

dressing1.jpg

Is this the place that had the sign on the window that said: "If you can grow it, we can cut it?"

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Historic Houston Barber Colleges