La Strada Filing For Chapter 11

As much as I like thumping techno and Bellini's.....in daylight, not so much. Although it used to be great for viewing freaky people doing the walk of shame, brunch version, in last night's clothes....

Maybe DeMarco could use the space to add to his lower Westheimer mini-empire?

I was in there on St Patrick's Night. Downtown was a bit low key all over considering the occasion but Cabo was DEAD. Waiters were standing around with nothing to do.

Interesting - I haven't been on a traditionally busy night in a while, but when there it was busy. The last couple times I went it was mostly dead (weeknight) but the service was horrible anyhow.

I *think* I remember the Westheimer location doing okay business. Maybe I am just not paying enough attention, though.

Downtown was a bit low key all over considering the occasion but Cabo was DEAD.

The crowd was next door at Sambuca's.

La Strada never was the same after the fire that destroyed the old building. It truly lost its zeal for life. It seemed so out of place, I mean in the hardcore section of lower Westheimer? as we used to call it.

Was more of a clean cut, yuppish crowd that simply did not fit in with the surroundings.

Arriverci La Strada!

Out in the street you go!

(oddly enough, La strada means The Street in Italiano. :D

The crowd was next door at Sambuca's.

La Strada never was the same after the fire that destroyed the old building. It truly lost its zeal for life. It seemed so out of place, I mean in the hardcore section of lower Westheimer? as we used to call it.

Was more of a clean cut, yuppish crowd that simply did not fit in with the surroundings.

Arriverci La Strada!

Out in the street you go!

(oddly enough, La strada means The Street in Italiano. :D

I agree, the old building, the proximity to the sidewalk, the openess, was so much better.

When they started with the valet parking, that is what really made them seem "snobbish" to the outsiders. That is; the constant foot traffic of the Goth/punk crowds heading to & from Numbers #'s next door. Not a good combination, two worlds apart.

Like mushing Beverly Hills into East LA, not good. Conflicts arise.

On a happier note, maybe now they can dress down the place into more of a low key hardcore club? ala C.B.G.B's :D Just a thought.

When they started with the valet parking, that is what really made them seem "snobbish" to the outsiders. That is; the constant foot traffic of the Goth/punk crowds heading to & from Numbers #'s next door. Not a good combination, two worlds apart.

I go to #s almost every Friday night. I always used the valet parking at La Strada so I wouldn' thave to park on the street. I hope I can continue to do that if a new restaraunt opens there.

Like mushing Beverly Hills into East LA, not good. Conflicts arise.

On a happier note, maybe now they can dress down the place into more of a low key hardcore club? ala C.B.G.B's :D Just a thought.

Oy vey. The mix was fine. I remember going to #s back in the day "all gothed out" and walking right past the fancy crowd.

No problems at all. This is Houston.

No, they have a Galleria area location, but I forget where exactly.

There used to be one on San Felipe near the Galleria but it closed a while back.

According to the website the lower Westheimer location is the only one left. When I was going to #s Friday the Valets were gone. Maybe they had already found out about the closing.

Edited by jgriff