2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Obama (D-IL) vs. McCain (R-AZ)

Trae

Next United States President  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Other

Of course, when you are drunk on the Obama-Aid, all logic, except for your Messiah's, is thrown out the window. If you didn't feel comfortable saying that associating with admitted criminals is NOT a good thing , all you had to do was say so. You didn't have to go into the long, drawn out, "I rather not debate it anymore" approach. Bottomline is Obama expouses to "Love America" yet has done nothing but try to idolize, emulate and surround himself, over the years, with those who are "America Haters", That is where the logic is flawed.

"quotation marks"

Of course, when you are drunk on the Obama-Aid, all logic, except for your Messiah's, is thrown out the window. If you didn't feel comfortable saying that associating with admitted criminals is NOT a good thing , all you had to do was say so. You didn't have to go into the long, drawn out, "I rather not debate it anymore" approach.

Bottomline is Obama expouses to "Love America" yet has done nothing but try to idolize, emulate and surround himself, over the years, with those who are "America Haters". That is where the logic is flawed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_...ain_iran_contra

Here is something for your "guilt by association" game. Or are only Democrats to be held accountable in your world?

Thanks west, please refer to post #2053 for your answer to this link.

2053? Explaining away his Keating Five involvement, badly IMO, is a rational for his being on the advisory board of an organization "linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing death squads in Central America"? Maybe you need to type slower so I can understand.

Edited by west20th

Since Friday, when the McCain campaign announced they were going to "turn the page on the economy" and go negative, the DOW has lost over 1,000 points. 1,000 points. Nothing else matters. Nothing.

Good thing McCain postponed his campaigning to fly to Washington to help fix the economy. Now that its all better he's back to campaigning again.

What are you trying to say here, Trae? Do you have a source for this material? Thanks!

What am I trying to say? That Georgia is not a full lock for McCain anymore:

2920189459_1706c9111a_o.png

Georgia is still in this. It's not as probable as Florida or North Carolina, but anything can happen.

So, take the $840 Billion bailout package, add the $1+ Trillion short term debt buyout by Bernanke, that's $2 Trillion in new government obligations....unfunded by tax receipts, I might add.

Anyone want to bet that McCain ignores the $2 Trillion in new debt, and rants about $18 Billion in "pork barrel spending" at tonight's debate? I'll wager a glass of your favorite happy hour beverage.

So, take the $840 Billion bailout package, add the $1+ Trillion short term debt buyout by Bernanke, that's $2 Trillion in new government obligations....unfunded by tax receipts, I might add.

Anyone want to bet that McCain ignores the $2 Trillion in new debt, and rants about $18 Billion in "pork barrel spending" at tonight's debate? I'll wager a glass of your favorite happy hour beverage.

You're on. If he brings up that $18 billion again he's dumber than I think. That flew like a lead balloon (is that the right metaphor?) in the last debate.

So, take the $840 Billion bailout package, add the $1+ Trillion short term debt buyout by Bernanke, that's $2 Trillion in new government obligations....unfunded by tax receipts, I might add. Anyone want to bet that McCain ignores the $2 Trillion in new debt, and rants about $18 Billion in "pork barrel spending" at tonight's debate? I'll wager a glass of your favorite happy hour beverage.

Where's your watering hole?

What am I trying to say? That Georgia is not a full lock for McCain anymore:

2920189459_1706c9111a_o.png

Georgia is still in this. It's not as probable as Florida or North Carolina, but anything can happen.

All do respect and nothing personal Trae, I know it's your thread, but none of that crap your posting means anything come election day. By the time everybody gets through shuffling the deck and cutting it like a pumpkin pie. It's going to be whatever the best fix that's in. There is going to be so much funny business in this election, Gore's little sniveling fit isn't going to mean a damn thing. The shenanigans have already started. Ohio laid the groundwork to get somebody screwed. I'll bet this election winds up in litigation.

I'll pass on that fool's bet.

Just think about this then, Bush was ahead of Kerry at this time in the polls in 2004. Also, the race has been much more steady this year (and in Obama's favor). There is really nothing that I can see, that will turn this in McCain's favor.

Good thing McCain postponed his campaigning to fly to Washington to help fix the economy. Now that its all better he's back to campaigning again.

Okay, you guys are too hilarious. Yes, the economy is back on track and the old McCain Steamroller is back on track.

Hilarious.

Just think about this then, Bush was ahead of Kerry at this time in the polls in 2004. Also, the race has been much more steady this year (and in Obama's favor). There is really nothing that I can see, that will turn this in McCain's favor.

surprise(1).jpg

I may have just found a new signature.

Nice video, unfortunately you need to read a little about this case. There were five prominent senators three Democrats two Republicans that got caught up in this investigation. Two of them Senator John McCain and Senator John Glenn both American icons one a democrat one a republican should have been exonerated. This was investigated by a prominent attorney who is a well know Democrat who defended President Clinton and his cigar. He found that both men acted appropriately. Once they realized that a criminal investigation had begun as they both stopped doing business with Keating. What puzzles me is that Mr. Bennett has been all over television, written a book explaining his findings but it seems the other campaign either has not seen it or just wants to lie about it.

Won't matter who is President now, it is a lock that taxes will be raised.

I'm in on the bet though Red. Surely his strategists have informed him that THAT part of the argument has been deleted from the script.

I understand what you are saying, but mark my words, the precedence has been set for voter fraud from both sides. Ohio is going to be such a huge distraction through this entire election, the real smoking gun will never be found. This is an ugly business, and you have to understand what pollsters do. They fix polls to actually manipulate votes, instead of taking polls to get the gist of what is really going on. They operate list speculators in futures market, they can manipulate the bottom line with polls, much like speculators manipulate the market with speculation. It's a really bad bad business. They only thing that really throws a wrench in an election is a landslide, there's not a lot you can do with that. It is what it is. This thing is far from a landslide. And the pollsters and strategists are doing there thing, with their person spin doctors and media connections, to sway close votes and fence setters, it's all part of the game. The pollsters play the media again themselves for the good of their individual causes. that's what they get paid to do.

Nice video, unfortunately you need to read a little about this case. There were five prominent senators three Democrats two Republicans that got caught up in this investigation. Two of them Senator John McCain and Senator John Glenn both American icons one a democrat one a republican should have been exonerated. This was investigated by a prominent attorney who is a well know Democrat who defended President Clinton and his cigar. He found that both men acted appropriately. Once they realized that a criminal investigation had begun as they both stopped doing business with Keating. What puzzles me is that Mr. Bennett has been all over television, written a book explaining his findings but it seems the other campaign either has not seen it or just wants to lie about it.

Welcome to the forum, SBM. Rather than read about a 20 year old scandal, I think I'll just read about McCain's plans TODAY. And his economic plans are to put Phil Gramm in charge of fixing it.

Nice try, but I'm not going to vote for the guy that has no clue how to run the economy. Feel free to use your vote how you see fit, though. Oh, and I also disagree about the 'American Icon' bit.

coming in late due to certain breaking corporate bailout news that had my phone ringing off the hook (American General was officially called out on USA Today in a transcript from the AIG hearing). What they fail to mention is that while this half million dollar back-slapping sausage-fest was going on, many of the couple of thousand local employees of the company were still waiting in gas lines, and in week two of no electricity after Hurricane Ike.

Anyhoo, I'm with Mark: 2004 had nothing on what will be the aftermath of this election, re: litigation. Too many stories from both parties about vote rolls, rigging, etc. Red, I will go ahead and have my drink at home during the 'debate' when the pork comes up. Can't wait to see what the McPain Train has in store for us! Oh, and a sudden move to gold standard, or forgiving the debt, would be instant third world status.

There. Am I caught up?