It's coming.

editor

And progress was quickly done.

I will miss the armadillos.

I know it is gone, but how would it be dead or alive in the toolbar? Traffic conditions varies by region?

Yep. That's why you have to click through to see your specific traffic conditions.

But generally speaking, for the last couple of weeks that the armadillo has been watching the traffic it's unusual for just one part of the city to get bad traffic. It's usually everyone at once. The only time the 'dillo noticed one area and not another was when I-10 was shut down entirely for overnight construction.

Yep. That's why you have to click through to see your specific traffic conditions.

But generally speaking, for the last couple of weeks that the armadillo has been watching the traffic it's unusual for just one part of the city to get bad traffic. It's usually everyone at once. The only time the 'dillo noticed one area and not another was when I-10 was shut down entirely for overnight construction.

Can you at least keep the dillo up the way it was? You can randomly put something on there. "I like cheerios and Frost flakes sucks" or whatever. I actually enjoyed clicking on the damned thing.LOL.

Can you at least keep the dillo up the way it was? You can randomly put something on there. "I like cheerios and Frost flakes sucks" or whatever. I actually enjoyed clicking on the damned thing.LOL.

The Clicky Clickerson pop up was disabled about a week prior.

Edited by Pumapayam

The advertisement on the traffic page is too big. I have a 24 inch monitor running 1920x1200 and I had to scroll down to actually see the content.

Once you get down to the summary, it has two I-10 Westbounds. I figure they are for different segments, but that is useless information since I have no idea which segment it is telling me about. To boot, it changes each time you reload the page. So if I was actually going to start using this on a daily basis, the traffic page is completely useless and I must dive down yet another level to get all details.

Needs work.

The advertisement on the traffic page is too big. I have a 24 inch monitor running 1920x1200 and I had to scroll down to actually see the content.

That has to be the largest vertically oriented banner ever on HAIF. How permanent is this layout? I would welcome the change to something less distracting and overwhelming.

I'm running 1920x1200, too, and I don't need to scroll to see it, even without a maximized browser window. Must be a Windows thing. I'll look into it.

Once you get down to the summary, it has two I-10 Westbounds.

I see I-10 Eastbound and I-10 Westbound links.

I figure they are for different segments, but that is useless information since I have no idea which segment it is telling me about.

The I-10 Eastbound link is for traffic on I-10 heading eastbound.

The I-10 Westbound link is for traffic on I-10 heading westbound.

To boot, it changes each time you reload the page. So if I was actually going to start using this on a daily basis, the traffic page is completely useless and I must dive down yet another level to get all details.

I don't see the problem. Traffic is constantly changing, so of course you'll need to reload the page. Duh. Did you expect the traffic to stay the same from one day to the next? There are these great things in browsers called bookmarks that you can use to return to a refreshed version of a page from day to day. You might try one of those.

Needs work.

Needs reading comprehension.

I spent a month working on this. I'm so sorry it doesn't meet your expectations. Perhaps I should refund your money for this FREE service?

That has to be the largest vertically oriented banner ever on HAIF. How permanent is this layout? I would welcome the change to something less distracting and overwhelming.

The 336x600 ad was an error. It was mis-coded and has been replaced by a standard-sized box.

Ironically, a standard horizontal banner would fit nicely on that page and would not be distracting at all.

No, it wouldn't. The available horizontal space is 336 pixels. Standard horizontal banners are 468 or 720 pixels wide.

Sorry I'm a little touchy about this. For the last month as I was putting HAIF:traffic together someone I don't like very much kept telling me that i was wasting my time because HAIF is full of a bunch of griefers who never appreciate anything I do for them and they'd all bash the project like pretty much everything else I've done to make HAIF special, useful, or different. I kept telling him he's wrong and that HAIF is a mature community of rational people. But now I see it turns out he's right, and I owe him a hundred bucks. And I know he's going to try to collect.

I spent a month working on this. I'm so sorry it doesn't meet your expectations. Perhaps I should refund your money for this FREE service?

I'm digging it! Thanks, I only hope I can remember to check it before I leave every day.

Sorry I'm a little touchy about this. For the last month as I was putting HAIF:traffic together someone I don't like very much kept telling me that i was wasting my time because HAIF is full of a bunch of griefers who never appreciate anything I do for them and they'd all bash the project like pretty much everything else I've done to make HAIF special, useful, or different. I kept telling him he's wrong and that HAIF is a mature community of rational people. But now I see it turns out he's right, and I owe him a hundred bucks. And I know he's going to try to collect.

Yeah, and I haven't even had a chance to complain yet.

Pull your panties out of your butt. I was offering advice on how to make the page better. Did you honestly expect it to be perfect in everyone's eyes on day 1? If you did, get real.

I apologize if my words came across in a critical manner. You have posted threads in the past asking us to find issues with HAIF... now when I do it, you get all pissy.

Lets face it, you spent the past month offering a free service in hopes of generating more ad revenue. There isnt anything wrong with that, and I commend you for your hard work. I was simply trying to offer advice of how to make it better, so that people will visit the site more often, which would turn into more revenue.

You dont want my advice, fine, just tell me so. Dont be an ass.

Pull your panties out of your butt. I was offering advice on how to make the page better. Did you honestly expect it to be perfect in everyone's eyes on day 1? If you did, get real.

I apologize if my words came across in a critical manner. You have posted threads in the past asking us to find issues with HAIF... now when I do it, you get all pissy.

Lets face it, you spent the past month offering a free service in hopes of generating more ad revenue. There isnt anything wrong with that, and I commend you for your hard work. I was simply trying to offer advice of how to make it better, so that people will visit the site more often, which would turn into more revenue.

You dont want my advice, fine, just tell me so. Dont be an ass.

Tone it down a bit, Chen.

Ed, While I appreciate all the work you do on this system, don't be so quick to hand over that cash. No one has been criticizing your work negatively, maybe just perhaps the initial format.

Let's all take a happy pill. I'm Buyin'.

Here is what the page looks like on my monitor.

Thanks. Screenshots help. It shouldn't look like that now, though. I replaced the old adcode with one that prohibits those tall skyscrapers. How long ago was that taken?

34fnuc0.jpg

I understand that you probably have no control over the traffic.com applet, however notice that I-45 Northbound is being shown twice and each has a different "jam" factor. One is probably the gulf freeway, and one is probably the north freeway, but I cant tell which is which. See what I mean?

I laughed out loud, for real on this one. Wayne don't be frustrated with us. I hope you find our grieving constructive and not so much empty whining. ;)

Pull your panties . . . You dont want my advice, fine, just tell me so. . . .

Most of that should have been used as a PM, rather than a public response.

25gs6e1.jpg

I still see a 300 x 600 pixel ad.

Is that the same as the 336 x 600 banner?

34fnuc0.jpg

I understand that you probably have no control over the traffic.com applet, however notice that I-45 Northbound is being shown twice and each has a different "jam" factor. One is probably the gulf freeway, and one is probably the north freeway, but I cant tell which is which. See what I mean?

Yeah, maybe part is North Freeway and the other part of Gulf Freeway, but you're right -- stuff in those little blue boxes I can't do anything about.

I hope you find our grieving constructive and not so much empty whining. ;)

I don't.

I have no grieving or empty whining to contribute. Just wanted to say: awesome job. I think this is a great feature, and your hard work shows. I already spend more time on HAIF than is probably healthy or constructive; this will only increase its timesuckness for me. :lol:

Good job! :)

Something odd seems to be going on with the visited links in this box.

After I visit the links, they turn black, and they stay black after a refresh.

Strange. Works in Firefox and Safari. I've made a slight change that I hope helps. Try it now.