Starbucks in Houston

Looks like no stores in Houston are hit in this first wave of cuts, although one could argue that Rosenberg IS Houston:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories...ml?ana=from_rss

Aw, poor Waco. That's their only Starbucks, too. Unless you count the one on campus in the Baylor Bubble.

/threadjack

Then again, I think the fine denizens of Waco will survive without a Starbucks. After all, they're getting a Hooters now, and that's more geared towards their target demo.

/end threadjack

I heard this last night from one of the comedians at the Laff Stop:

They just opened up a gay bar next to my home.

It's called................................................................STARBUCKS!

Thought I'd share that.

I am really surprised at this one. That is really the only Starbucks for miles. It serves the I45 north area. Weird.

Doesnt surprise me. Its a brand new (brand new building even) standalone store. Its on a feeder road meaning that really only southbound traffic will use it. By the time you see it on the highway, its too late to get off and you drive right by.

Doesnt surprise me. Its a brand new (brand new building even) standalone store. Its on a feeder road meaning that really only southbound traffic will use it. By the time you see it on the highway, its too late to get off and you drive right by.

Quite right. As much as I use I45 I have only been to that Starbucks once. It is a nice new facility, but in an odd place.

If you're wondering about places outside of Houston, here's the national list:

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/USStoreClosureInfo.pdf

6274 SHEPHERD & FARNHAM 3821 SHEPHARD HOUSTON TX

7944 I-45 & RED RIPPLE 6001 N FWY HOUSTON TX

9615 HWY 249 & ANTOINE 12503 TOMBALL PKWY HOUSTON TX

10056 MAIN & DALLAS 914 DALLAS ST HOUSTON TX

10650 FANNIN & PRESTON 1018 PRESTON HOUSTON TX

11562 WESTHEIMER & BRIARGREEN 14333 WHEIMER RD HOUSTON TX

13479 BELLAIRE & WILCREST 10611 BELLAIRE BLVD HOUSTON TX

13672 FANNIN & MACGREGOR 6400 FANNIN ST HOUSTON TX

Not too bad for Houston, only 8 in the immediate Houston area, with 2 others in Rosenburg (maybe the only ones there?), and 1 in Humble.

BTW it's really 14333 WESTHEIMER RD, not 14333 WHEIMER RD, wonder how they messed that up.

Maybe I have too much faith in Houston Pavilions, but I'm thinking that closing the Main at Dallas location (inside the Humble Tower) is kinda jumping the gun. I don't expect them to know about HP, but it would be interesting to see to what extent sales increase at this location if it's open past October.

Looks like I better hurry up if I want to try one of these Starbucks Coffees that everyone's been talking about...

We have free coffee at work, and I make my own at home, so I haven't had a need to try a Starbucks yet. I can make weeks worth of coffee at home with a $7.00 pound of coffee beans.

Don't do it! don't drink the kool-aid! It's tough to go back to "free coffee at work" once you experience Starbucks. Don't go near the place if you have avoided it this long. One whiff and you're hooked....