I forgot to mention, if you do go with paint use either Heatbloc-75, Lo/Mit (both versions I and II are great), and Radiance e.25.

Other than that they're all not worth your cash.

The paints listed above all have emittance values lower than .25 whereas most other competitors can only vouch for an emittance of .5 or higher.

You should demand your contractor supplies unopened containers of paint. Many are thinning down the radiant paint, which reduces the performance.

Go look up the emittance for radiant foil and you will see why foil is a superior product:)

What kind of temperature difference do you get in your attic with a radiant barrier such as TechShield? I went to their site and I couldn't find anything that would explain that. If the outside temp is 85 what would the attic be?

I had my attic sprayed at the end of May, they also blew in 6" of insulation free. I measured my attic temps during the week before they came and while the outside temps were ~85, the attic was in the 125-135 range between 2-4pm. I left the digital temp transmitter up there and check it every now and then, since they painted the decking (2-story house, ~3000 sq ft, ~1500 sq ft attic) the hottest my attic has been was 132 and that was on a day that my backyard's outside temp in the shade hit 101. Average has been 110-122, so it seems like it did lower the temp in the attic. We have no shade from trees so there is nothing to really stop the heat. My attic has ridge vents which do a good job of moving the air because my attic will go down to within 5-10 degrees of the outside temp about three hours after sunset.

I was very pleased with the service and the results. We used EAS and it was a special they were running but it only cost $1100 for the RB paint and "free" insulation (brought me up to 18" total).

Edited by ssmallen