University of Houston Downtown Campus Developments

Guest danax

The rendering looks much better than I was expecting. The cost is ridiculous but UHD has been ranking in some serious dough for a while now. Also is that the welcoming center to the right? I assumed they would put it on the eastern side since it would be connected to the deck and next to the main offices and elevators.

Edit: I guess I should of read the article. It looks like they are moving some offices and adding some new features. I love the fact it will incorporate views of downtown!

Edited by xsatyr

Barely noticed it connects with the south deck. That's a better idea than what I originally thought they would do. I wonder how the interior will look. I was always fond of the insides for Commerce Street and Shea Street buildings.

Edited by xsatyr

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I was wondering the same thing. They took down the garage fairly quickly and then did nothing. I like how uh incorporates old with the new though. Makes for a better fit.

I think that's what disappoints me with developments like capital tower. UHD developments keep up with the times but respects the historical look of the area.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't worry. We'll have more coming with Residences at Market Square, Skyhouse Main, Catalyst, Convention Center Hotel

These projects should require 4 and possibly 6 tower cranes. Marquet square has a small footprint so will need only 1, 1st Skyhouse used only 1, Catalyst may need 2 and Convention Center may need 2 if everything will be built. Next crane to come down will probably be the 16 story parking garage at Polk & Louisiana.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...