This is Miyako on Kirby, I dont know about any others. We went the other night and I was very surprised at some of the changes. A few interior walls were removed in order to cram in more tables. It made the place look kinda cheap. The weirdest thing was the mgrs (?) There were 3 guys standing around that really looked like a pit boss' off a movie. The quickly walked around halfway looking at tables, but not really doing much. We waited for out check for quite a while before one asked if we needed anything (it was his third lap and I had that look on my face). Has Miyako changed owners? If so I am not impressed whatsoever...and just for the record,after going to the STAR restraunt and eating all the sushi I only go to Miyako to appease my wife. Seems 40$ sushi some how taste better than 8$ sushi.

We had a similar experience last time we went. Yeah, they crammed more tables in there, but the help was much slower. And they changed their happy hour, time and prices I think. That's why my cheap ass goes there!! Full price sushi, unless it's a special occasion, is just not worth it to me. And I love sushi. At happy hour there, the two of us usually get out of there under $40. Same food not at happy hour would be closer to $65-$70. Nuh uh.

Last time I was there it was way overpriced for silly trendoid rolls. I never returned. Cafe Japon across the street is a far better deal plus nice food and interior.

Same here. It's hard to find a sushi joint that isn't better than Miyako.