GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

sabbath>rush

If I wasn't clear, that was my hidden point. More like sabbath>>>>>>rush.

Um, to pretend I am on topic sometimes, what do we know about the bowling alley? Since I'm not the least bit trendy I won't be buying any clothes at this 21 place, and paying for parking to buy books isn't at the top of my list. But if there's a bowling alley near me with late/early specials and rented shoes, sign me up.

Um, to pretend I am on topic sometimes, what do we know about the bowling alley? Since I'm not the least bit trendy I won't be buying any clothes at this 21 place, and paying for parking to buy books isn't at the top of my list. But if there's a bowling alley near me with late/early specials and rented shoes, sign me up.

We know there's a Luxe Lounge available for reservation, they publish a guest list, there aren't that many lanes, and there's a dress code:

The following are not permitted:

- Athletic wear, sweats or sports jerseys

- MC colors

- Excessively baggy clothing (Tuck-ins are not permitted)

- Sleeveless T-shirts

- Plain white T-shirts (short or long sleeve)

- Construction boots

- Headgear

- Chains

- Ripped or soiled clothing

Management reserves the right to deny entry for rude, argumentative or offensive behavior.

Rush, elf boots, next thing you know you and your friends are at ComiCon in costume, wondering why that cute Princess Leia won't talk to you.

Anyhoo, despite the fact I am an old-school bowler, and a bad one at that, I plan to check out the Lucky Strike just to bowl on brand new, state-of-the-art lanes.

Will they have league play? Or is the concept truly niteclub first, bowling second?

edit: thanks Sev. I'll pass, and go to the extra crappy lanes U of H.

Edited by crunchtastic

We know there's a Luxe Lounge available for reservation, they publish a guest list, there aren't that many lanes, and there's a dress code:

- MC colors

- Sleeveless T-shirts

- Construction boots

- Headgear

- Chains

Management reserves the right to deny entry for rude, argumentative or offensive behavior.

Were these restrictions for all lanes or just this reservable lounge place? Where can a guy soil himself and roll a few spares these days?

Upscale classy bowling alley, does not compute...

The dress code seems to be for all locations, all occasions.

Palace Lanes on Bellaire Blvd. is your best bet...the only others I have been to in the last few years that were okay were farther out - Dynamic Lanes in Sharpstown and Max Bowl East in Baytown.

Were these restrictions for all lanes or just this reservable lounge place? Where can a guy soil himself and roll a few spares these days?

Upscale classy bowling alley, does not compute...

Dress code applies to all Lucky Strike Lanes... all locations and all lanes. I like the idea... there are more than enough places for people to go who don't care how they dress.

Dress code applies to all Lucky Strike Lanes... all locations and all lanes. I like the idea... there are more than enough places for people to go who don't care how they dress.

Oh I'm definitely not saying it's a bad thing. I might even enjoy it. It'll just be a weird adjustment. Unless it's way expensive, then I'll go bowl with the poor people and drink beer out of a plastic cup.

Oh I'm definitely not saying it's a bad thing. I might even enjoy it. It'll just be a weird adjustment. Unless it's way expensive, then I'll go bowl with the poor people and drink beer out of a plastic cup.

It is way expensive as compared to a conventional bowling alley.

It is more expensive than regular bowling alleys... it's meant to be more of an "upscale" type of bowling place... I am looking forward to checking it out.

What sort of dress code would they have? Jacket and tie I suppose.

No... not that dressy. It's not really what you have to wear, it's what you can't wear. Here's their dress code....

- MC colors

- Sleeveless T-shirts

- Construction boots

- Headgear

- Chains