GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I really wish they would add a really nice comedy club as part of the entertainment options at the Pavilions. This would be a great spot to keep even more things going on at night. Hopefully somebody pitches this idea to them and they sign up a tenat with these plans in the near future.

I really wish they would add a really nice comedy club as part of the entertainment options at the Pavilions. This would be a great spot to keep even more things going on at night. Hopefully somebody pitches this idea to them and they sign up a tenat with these plans in the near future.

Only problem is there may not be space in a venue large enough. Unless they tear down some walls or make major interior modifications.

Only problem is there may not be space in a venue large enough. Unless they tear down some walls or make major interior modifications.

Have you been to the small little comedy venue on 6th street in Austin? A place that size would easily fit into the Pavilions.

A former friend of mine used to work comedy clubs here in the 90s until just a couple of years ago, and clubs had an awful time filling rooms then, and my understanding is it's even worse now. The stand up market is very shallow. You have small rooms for regional/local/unknowns/open mic. Otherwise you have the HOB or similar for big names, and the superstars do arenas.

I believe that for small to mid-sized rooms we've got Improv and Laff Stop, and that's it for the entire city.

The mid-tier touring stars book the same venues as musical acts, which makes it tough to float a smaller room for unknowns. FWIW I've been told that the comedy business is even more inhospitable to the talent than the music business, if that's possible.

BTW, whatever happened to the Dave Atell show that was cancelled?

While we're talking about comedy, RIP Bill Hicks. Houston misses you.

Edited by crunchtastic

HP was definitely hopping last night and lots of folks waiting on the concert early in the evening were milling about the few shops that are open...

the HOB was packed and food good but once again, the service was absolutely horrible.

yikes

anyway...fun night and all my friends thought the place shows lots of promise

we shall see....

My opinion on HP. I think the HP is great. I ate a M&S for lunch. I though the atmosphere was nice but the food was average at best. This past week did some shopping at Macy's then walk across to BAM. Third time to BAM since it opened. I am very happy with this store. Went up to LIDS and the guy said they have been open for two weeks and it has had very little customers. I think the location of the store is poor.

HP is a great addition to DT. By no means should it be a center piece by itself but it should part of the DT.'s center piece.

The only complaint I have is I wish there were more retail options.

Other stores I would like see open in HP or along Main.

J. Crew

Music/Movie store

Best Buy

Footlocker

Old school small grocery store

Small Specs

My opinion on HP. I think the HP is great. I ate a M&S for lunch. I though the atmosphere was nice but the food was average at best. This past week did some shopping at Macy's then walk across to BAM. Third time to BAM since it opened. I am very happy with this store. Went up to LIDS and the guy said they have been open for two weeks and it has had very little customers. I think the location of the store is poor.

HP is a great addition to DT. By no means should it be a center piece by itself but it should part of the DT.'s center piece.

The only complaint I have is I wish there were more retail options.

Other stores I would like see open in HP or along Main.

J. Crew

Music/Movie store

Best Buy

Footlocker

Old school small grocery store

Small Specs

So LIDS is open? I had no idea... I will check out the place... I went to HOB the other weekend and had terrible service. The food was bland... the hostess and 2 waiters gave me different information about the menu... they definitely need more training for sure.

So LIDS is open? I had no idea... I will check out the place... I went to HOB the other weekend and had terrible service. The food was bland... the hostess and 2 waiters gave me different information about the menu... they definitely need more training for sure.

They should probably help LIDS out with some street-level advertising until there's actually some significant foot traffic in HP from the other venues and stores. Nobody's going to even know they're open.

Yeah, LIDS, Journey Shoes, and BCBG are all open on the 3rd floor. BCBG is the only one with signs on the 1st floor saying they are open. It is a sharp looking store.

What is LIDS? If it's hats, can I get an old school fedora there? Or is that not trendy enough for HP?

actually fedoras and pork pies are trendy again. I saw a lot at a couple of mall stores. Journeys, and that other one with the skate/surf themed merch. Hot Tropix? They all look alike to me.