GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Unfortunately these days any type of hat other than a baseball hat is considered cliche. Can't we go back to the days when a hat was a critical piece of every man's wardrobe?

I saw a man today downtown at lunch wearing an old time men's dress hat. I thought it was pretty cool looking.

Can't we go back to the days when a hat was a critical piece of every man's wardrobe?

my ex wore a hat every day. Usually one of those Clint Eastwood Fistul of Dollars hats. Sounds stupid and contrived, but it worked for him. Being 6' 3" and skinny and marlboro man-ish helped, I guess. He drew the line at a poncho, though.

I always wondered how a baseball hat store thrives. But I guess they do. Maybe LIDZ is just a front?? :ph34r:

I always wondered how a baseball hat store thrives. But I guess they do. Maybe LIDZ is just a front?? :ph34r:

I never see folks wearing baseball caps. Are they all out playing baseball? (I don't play baseball, so maybe that's why I don't see them.)

This is the only sort of hat I wear (not sure what the style is called):

2.jpg

actually fedoras and pork pies are trendy again. I saw a lot at a couple of mall stores. Journeys, and that other one with the skate/surf themed merch. Hot Tropix? They all look alike to me.

I just want a good old man hat since I feel old now. Bear Bryant style but nothing to do with bama.

How do yall not know what Lids is.....? They are in just about every mall. I buy all my hats from there.

Because I don't hang out in malls. And usually hats come to me for free. I think I bought one when I was 12.

I saw a man today downtown at lunch wearing an old time men's dress hat. I thought it was pretty cool looking.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Cool old man. Poncho or trench coat?

actually fedoras and pork pies are trendy again. I saw a lot at a couple of mall stores. Journeys, and that other one with the skate/surf themed merch. Hot Tropix? They all look alike to me.

Are they? Is that among "young urban hipsters"? And here I had no idea.

I'm a toque kind of guy myself.

It's funny, because when you go abroad you can of course identify other Americans by how they dress, and the baseball cap is always the surefire giveaway. It's practically the national costume.

hmmm, that's a funny observation. I never thought about that.

It's funny, because when you go abroad you can of course identify other Americans by how they dress, and the baseball cap is always the surefire giveaway. It's practically the national costume.

Yes, and tennis shoes too! I've actually noticed more younger kids wearing baseball style hats in Europe over the last few years. The U.S. urban ghetto culture is even snaking its way in with more kids wearing baggy pants, etc. What a ridiculous look!

Are they? Is that among "young urban hipsters"? And here I had no idea.

I'm a toque kind of guy myself.

Ah, yes. Mainly the kind of guys who wear skinny jeans. They're everywhere now, little anorexic 20-something guys with skinny jeans and jaunty hats, waxed eyebrows and very tight t-shirts.

If you're a toque guy, then kindly get yourself to my kitchen. I'm tired of cooking. :)

Ah, yes. Mainly the kind of guys who wear skinny jeans. They're everywhere now, little anorexic 20-something guys with skinny jeans and jaunty hats, waxed eyebrows and very tight t-shirts.

If you're a toque guy, then kindly get yourself to my kitchen. I'm tired of cooking. :)

...or at least start wearing a pancho to hide your skinniness. :lol:

Why has Beyonce' cancelled the Ike benefit show at HOB? I think it was scheduled for Tue. or Wed.

Well, I hope HP has gathered some steam by March 30th. My wife bought 2 tickets to Britney Spears :mellow: , and is expecting me to go with her to HP first for dinner, before walking to Toyota Center for the concert!

Oooh, bring your own fake headset and you can sing-along to the recording with her! Yeah, poor Jeebus.

I've never had a issue with McCormick & Schmick food so at least if you go there the pregame will be good. $1.95 bacon cheeseburger if you go during happy hour! (and eat in the bar area, assuming this one is like most others)

Well, I hope HP has gathered some steam by March 30th. My wife bought 2 tickets to Britney Spears :mellow:, and is expecting me to go with her to HP first for dinner, before walking to Toyota Center for the concert!

I would drink heartily during dinner to help mellow the pain of a Britney Spears concert ^_^

Good lord. I do hope dinner will at least make up for it. Britney pre-life falling apart I could probably go watch. Current Britney that dances around like a confused, slightly intoxicated, and poorly trained circus bear I'm not looking forward to.

I hope I can find some of those $1.25 cheeseburgers!

I visited this place several weeks ago. I was utterly amazed by the beautiful 70s-style paint job, and desolate nature at best. The only thing I remember was a gigantic, ghost town like bookstore and LIDS. Other than that it looked it had been abandoned for years, with a paint job to set an outdated mood. Oh, and it smelled like pee. Shockingly, I saw no homeless people? Very queer!

Edited by amanda

I visited this place several weeks ago. I was utterly amazed by the beautiful 70s-style paint job, and desolate nature at best. The only thing I remember was a gigantic, ghost town like bookstore and LIDS. Other than that it looked it had been abandoned for years, with a paint job to set an outdated mood. Oh, and it smelled like pee. Shockingly, I saw no homeless people? Very queer!

the painted plywood is temporary, soon to be relaced by glass retail front.... for the most part, at least.