Duplicate Account, Duplicate Email, Oh My!

TforTx

While I enjoy the HAIF forums tremendously I am a lurker who seldom posts, and the last time I wished to post I couldn't log in - I had forgotten that the displayed user name is not necessarily the same as the login name. Perhaps my account had been deleted due to non-use, I thought. So I created a new account. Soon after that, the light bulb went off and I remembered how to log into the original account.

But the fun didn't end there. I am transitioning all my email addresses into one that is not ISP dependent and I used that email when I created the new account. Once I was back in my original HAIF user account, I attempted to change the email address to my preferred email but could not because that email already was associated with the new account. No problem, I thought, simply change the email in the new account to something else. No joy though, as I still get the duplicate email message. I assume that the email address at time of creation must be a unique indentifier.

If I could delete the newer account (it has no posts), I believe that would solve my problem. But I don't know how that can be accomplished.

E-mail your details to editor@houstonarchitecture.info and he can take care of it.

Funny you refer to yourself in third-person...that or someone was controlling your account. Third option is you have a sockpuppet posing as a generic HAIFer and you forgot to use that one.

Of course, maybe I'm looking too deeply into this matter. ;)

Funny you refer to yourself in third-person...that or someone was controlling your account. Third option is you have a sockpuppet posing as a generic HAIFer and you forgot to use that one.

Of course, maybe I'm looking too deeply into this matter. ;)

Yeah, too deeply.

I do have a second account on here, but it only reads and posts messages for testing purposes, like when I've altered the visual layout of the forum and I need to test it in Firefox.