America Tower: Office Skyscraper At 2929 Allen Pkwy.

jm1fd

43 minutes ago, Renaissance1999 said:

I hope they don't move to Dallas since it's become a hub for financial companies. I wonder if they are the only tenant for that tower?

Dozens and dozens of companies have offices here.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/American+General+Center,+2929+Allen+Pkwy,+Houston,+TX+77019/@29.7597396,-95.3999444,17z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x8640c0a899f34811:0xdd4a5faf7e10250e!8m2!3d29.7607151!4d-95.3976436!10e3!16s%2Fg%2F1ptw4h0vk?entry=ttu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

Also, Corebridge’s campus spans more than just America Tower. They have office space throughout the American General campus that surrounds the tower. Their board is actually located in the adjacent Woodson Tower. I was originally wondering if AIG would keep some employees in Houston or if all Houston employees fall under the Corebridge umbrella. But it seems that at least the lions share will remain Corebridge

5 hours ago, Renaissance1999 said:

I hope they don't move to Dallas since it's become a hub for financial companies. I wonder if they are the only tenant for that tower?

There’s no logical reason to believe Corebridge will move to Dallas. The history and legacy logistics have been in Houston for going on a century tracing back to America General Corp (the namesake of this tower). Likewise, there’s no reason that HPE (and HPQ’s Houston division) will move to Austin (the tech hub). There’s some HPE employees in Austin and Dallas but they’re lower in the hierarchy and less in numbers. The entire compute division is ran in Houston which is currently driving the growth margins (surpassing networking).

ExxonMobil did move from DFW to Houston (the oil and energies hub) so I see how this would resonate with your theory. But this is a very different situation. ExxonMobil’s roots have long been huge in Houston going all the way back to the Humble Oil Company. In contrast, Dallas’ Exxon employees have been shrinking to the point that it didn’t make sense to be over there. Other than the C suite and some leftover XTO employees in Fort Worth, there wasn’t much keeping ExxonMobil in Dallas. There was the Pioneer deal but this was after the move. On the other hand, there’s nothing in Dallas to benefit from.

There’s also more financial companies in Houston than you’d probably think.  JPMorgan Chase for example has one of their main campuses that takes 3 buildings downtown (including the city’s largest tower). Also one of their largest software hubs overall. 

And there’s no reason to bring Dallas into everything. What Dallas and Houston are doing growth wise are both independently great. 

Edited by Caribomoa
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Caribomoa said:

Also, Corebridge’s campus spans more than just America Tower. They have office space throughout the American General campus that surrounds the tower. Their board is actually located in the adjacent Woodson Tower. I was originally wondering if AIG would keep some employees in Houston or if all Houston employees fall under the Corebridge umbrella. But it seems that at least the lions share will remain Corebridge

There’s no logical reason to believe Corebridge will move to Dallas. The history and legacy logistics have been in Houston for going on a century tracing back to America General Corp (the namesake of this tower). Likewise, there’s no reason that HPE (and HPQ’s Houston division) will move to Austin (the tech hub). There’s some HPE employees in Austin and Dallas but they’re lower in the hierarchy and less in numbers. The entire compute division is ran in Houston which is currently driving the growth margins (surpassing networking).

ExxonMobil did move from DFW to Houston (the oil and energies hub) so I see how this would resonate with your theory. But this is a very different situation. ExxonMobil’s roots have long been huge in Houston going all the way back to the Humble Oil Company. In contrast, Dallas’ Exxon employees have been shrinking to the point that it didn’t make sense to be over there. Other than the C suite and some leftover XTO employees in Fort Worth, there wasn’t much keeping ExxonMobil in Dallas. There was the Pioneer deal but this was after the move. On the other hand, there’s nothing in Dallas to benefit from.

There’s also more financial companies in Houston than you’d probably think.  JPMorgan Chase for example has one of their main campuses that takes 3 buildings downtown (including the city’s largest tower). Also one of their largest software hubs overall. 

And there’s no reason to bring Dallas into everything. What Dallas and Houston are doing growth wise are both independently great. 

This guy white collars.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Caribomoa said:

Will the add the upper right dots to the logo? Would look a lot better that way 

After I saw your post I happened to be driving east on Allen Parkway and saw the dots on the west side of the building.  I quickly snapped this photo with my phone…

20240811_181319.jpeg.4bb9924b19b6de1da003e95999c224d3.jpeg

16 hours ago, hbg.50 said:

After I saw your post I happened to be driving east on Allen Parkway and saw the dots on the west side of the building.  I quickly snapped this photo with my phone…

20240811_181319.jpeg.4bb9924b19b6de1da003e95999c224d3.jpeg

Yeah someone on city data posted this. Much better 

By chance, does anyone have any photos of this tower when the sign was the American General Corp?

• 1 month later...