Memorial Day in Houston

That blogger clearly doesn't have an annual Memorial Day tubing trip, which makes Memorial Day awesome. It's too hot for parades.

The gay parade is in late June, I think. But then again, it's at night, so I guess it's a little cooler.

Growing up in the south, I can't say that I have too many memories of Mem. Day. Independence Day, however, is a whole other story.

I thought about it and I don't have any memories of any Memorial Day activities growing up, except for getting a day off. In fact, I never knew it was a big deal in other parts of the country until I saw that post. :huh:

I just got a pool party invite. Yay! Traditionally for us Memorial Weekend means the first camping/tubing/coast trip of the season. Isn't there some car race on Memorial Day that people watch?

My non-active military friends and relatives observe Memorial Day in spirit but tend to do their private, ceremonial stuff on Veterans Day.