Usain Bolt

lockmat

fastest man alive?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will there ever be anyone faster?

Will there ever be anyone faster? History tells us yes, but it's hard to imagine.

Listen to what this track & field reporter has to say about him...

The guy converted meters to yards and comes up with that... at the end of his 100m run, if he were to cross the 40 yard line on a football field heading towards the endzone, he would get there in 2.95 seconds.

If he were to run the 40-yard dash, it would be in about 3.82 seconds. The fastest time at the NFL combine this year was 4.3 seconds.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4412231

yikes!

Has anyone ever been to a major track & field event? I think it would be great to have one in Houston. I want to go to one regardless some day.

Edited by lockmat

Testing, one, two, three.

No, better test him more times than that.

One of these days they’re gonna come up with a PED that is totally undetectable. Maybe that day is here. Something just doesn’t sound right about this.

Edited by Heights2Bastrop

All of the track guys at that level take anything and everything they can get away with. Bolt isn't special in that regard, but he is special due to his size and quickness. It's only a matter of time that guys get bigger and faster. He's an evolutionary leap in that regard, the long stride but still able to get it going.

Bolt is a genetic freak. He has changed the game forever. Now the emphasis will be on finding tall athletes (he is 6-5), who might have been overlooked in the past since the conventional wisdom was that sprinters couldn't be tall. I first saw him run when he was 16, and he was freakishly fast even then, running the 200 in 20.13.

The scary thing is, he could be even more dominant if he chooses to move up to the 400 meters, where I think he can take down Michael Johnson's WR of 43.18 from 1999.

Track gets the headlines for drug positives, but it is nowhere near as dirty as the NFL.

• Like 1

I first saw him run when he was 16, and he was freakishly fast even then, running the 200 in 20.13.

That reporter at the espn.com link I posted thinks he's clean for many reasons, and I've heard this is one of them. Sure, he could have been taking drugs since he was 16, but I doubt it. He has a proven track record.

Edited by lockmat