Holiday/Days/Heaven On Earth Inn At 801 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

50 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Also, if you cannot afford $550,000 for security then you might not want to purchase a high rise with plans to redevelop it into a hotel. Not. Buying. It. 

Can't tell if the recent news is positive to the situation, but the earlier quotes from the ownership group did sound like they were in way over their heads and close to begging for money.

20 hours ago, Nate99 said:

The Michigan Central Station?

Detroit%2BTrain%2BStation.jpg

HGTV should branch out into real estate and buy this building. Create a new show called ultimate fixer upper, unleash all their fixers to build a whole bunch of condos each of them styled in their own fashion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The good news about Michigan Central is it is still standing and near Corktown, one of the only areas of Detroit that isn't a hell hole. Lots of empty lots but few burned out/abandoned buildings/tire dumps so there's maybe future potential?

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, BeerNut said:

implosion ready...

Sounds good to me. If no one is ever going to renovate this thing or keep claiming they are, it should just be taken down. Can't believe I'd prefer a parking lot over this crap.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm just pleased that its been cleaned up. IT looks so much better. I just drove on Pierce elevated from 45 south yesterday for the first time and it still stuck out only because I was blown away by how much better the skyline looked now without the eyesore.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...