On 1/19/2024 at 3:09 PM, hindesky said:

On 3/5/2024 at 11:47 AM, hindesky said:

This TDLR is probably for La Calle.

Architect - https://www.architangent.com

GTrZDHJ.pngsNHT0pu.png

Plans for La Cantina / La Cantina by La Caller and City Cellars were approved for permitting two weeks ago.

Screenshots of the plan review inspection reports are posted below.

La Cantina is leasing the unit at 2940 Riverby Rd, Suie 100. City Cellars is located at 2850 Riverby Rd, Suite E-110. Both are part of the East River retail roster.

zeFbpkz.jpeg

2TY3YMz.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Plans for La Cantina / La Cantina by La Caller and City Cellars were approved for permitting two weeks ago.

La Cantina is leasing the unit at 2940 Riverby Rd, Suie 100. City Cellars is located at 2850 Riverby Rd, Suite E-110. Both are part of the East River retail roster.

zeFbpkz.jpeg

2TY3YMz.jpeg

After being greenlighted for permitting two weeks ago, several permits were purchased yesterday for 2850 Riverby Rd, Ste E-110:

• Structural permit / building permit
  • Certificate of occupancy
  • Parking variances
  • Flood commercial mfam new <1 acre permit
  • Health plan review

Details from the permit:

• Use: 6,862 sf restaurant buildout 1-1-5-A2-B '21 IBC SPK/FA
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The permits are for City Cellars, which is located in the East River development.

Structural permit / building permit

iDLwQs2.png

Certificate of occupancy

WmlKoJg.png

Parking variances

oAFfUCm.png

Flood commercial mfam new <1 acre permit

EgUIfM5.png

Health plan review

ieFTAWT.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

zeFbpkz.jpeg

2TY3YMz.jpeg

After being greenlighted for permitting two weeks ago, several permits were purchased yesterday for 2940 Riverby Rd, Suite 100:

• Structural permit / building permit
  • Certificate of occupancy
  • Development review
  • Parking variances
  • Health plan review

Details from the permit:

• Use: 6,862 sf restaurant buildout 1-1-5-A2-B '21 IBC SPK/FA
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The permits are for La Cantina / La Calle, which is located in the East River development.

Structural permit / building permit

7GAwSbU.png

Certificate of occupancy

e1bh3qT.png

Development review

aCicNir.png

Parking variances

BuNmcmY.png

Health plan review

FIFbpE9.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, EaDolivin said:

Saw on their Instagram page that they have been ordered to vacate the property immediately. Any idea why? Perhaps the land is going to be developed?

Moonstruck Drive-In at 100 Bringhurst St is part of the East River development.

https://www.eastriverhtx.com/explore-directory/grid#directory-play

https://www.eastriverhtx.com/directory/moonstruck-drive-in

r4kBSzI.png

@Triton @Urbannizer please consider merging with the East River topic.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/topic/27030-east-river-mixed-use-development-by-midway/

Maybe Midway finally landed a theater chain and the agreement required this to close?

With River Oaks Theatre reopening under the umbrella of Star Cinema, I could see that group trying to extend their footprint inside the loop, which is so desperately is lacking in options. Additionally with the restructure of Alamo Drafthouse in the Dallas area recently, I could see that the organization took a look at the Houston market and decided to finally take the step.  I think in 2014 or so they had plans to open 3 inside the loop with a Reagent Square location announced. 

AMC downtown is serviceable but I find myself leaving the loop to see movies more and more. The downtown location is inconvenient especially if there is an event and the upkeep is just not where it should be. A major city should be the place to see movies in an area. East River with the amount of acreage, has a unique position to put a gym, a grocer and a theater with room to spare. I hope they are able to complete the trifecta in time. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 4

Moonstruck's Main Screen (perhaps the other one too), blew down in the either the Derecho, Hurricane or both.  The small screen was back up this past weekend, but the containers used for the main screen had not been restacked.  Not sure if this is the reason for the vacate order, but they are not doing the same business as they were before the storms.  Perhaps they are not generating the necessary revenue to keep their lease (is my guess).  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Naviguessor said:

Moonstruck's Main Screen (perhaps the other one too), blew down in the either the Derecho, Hurricane or both.  The small screen was back up this past weekend, but the containers used for the main screen had not been restacked.  Not sure if this is the reason for the vacate order, but they are not doing the same business as they were before the storms.  Perhaps they are not generating the necessary revenue to keep their lease (is my guess).  

Their post makes it seem like they were pushed out. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_uAcqWMWqk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, I&#x27;m Not a Robot said:

Maybe Midway finally landed a theater chain and the agreement required this to close?

With River Oaks Theatre reopening under the umbrella of Star Cinema, I could see that group trying to extend their footprint inside the loop, which is so desperately is lacking in options. Additionally with the restructure of Alamo Drafthouse in the Dallas area recently, I could see that the organization took a look at the Houston market and decided to finally take the step.  I think in 2014 or so they had plans to open 3 inside the loop with a Reagent Square location announced. 

AMC downtown is serviceable but I find myself leaving the loop to see movies more and more. The downtown location is inconvenient especially if there is an event and the upkeep is just not where it should be. A major city should be the place to see movies in an area. East River with the amount of acreage, has a unique position to put a gym, a grocer and a theater with room to spare. I hope they are able to complete the trifecta in time. 

I end up at the MarqE for any movie these days. when I worked in Chase tower and had a parking spot it was easy to go to the downtown AMC, and swing by Franks for a slice after the movie.

before that I was a Grand Palace kind of guy, but haven't seen a movie there in forever.

if there were a theater tossed in at East River that'd be a no brainer for me to make that move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I&#x27;m Not a Robot said:

Midway already has a relationship with Star Cinema as they have locations at CityCentre and Century Square (adjacent to campus in College Station). A location at East River would be a natural addition.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, texan said:

Midway already has a relationship with Star Cinema as they have locations at CityCentre and Century Square (adjacent to campus in College Station). A location at East River would be a natural addition.

Star Cinema was planning to add a movie theatre near the center of phase 1, right in that semi circle plot. COVID killed those plans and they pulled out. I'd be happy if it came back, but it seems like movie theaters still aren't back to the profitability they used to have.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, e36bmer said:

Star Cinema was planning to add a movie theatre near the center of phase 1, right in that semi circle plot. COVID killed those plans and they pulled out. I'd be happy if it came back, but it seems like movie theaters still aren't back to the profitability they used to have.

it's interesting to see where things have returned to a semblance of normalcy, and more interesting still, where things are still being affected by the pandemic. 

UH campus is certainly busier than it has been since 2019, but it still doesn't seem to have the level of activity that it did prior to the pandemic.

the automotive industry is still in a horrible place, as is the housing industry.

On 4/29/2024 at 6:12 AM, texan said:

Realty News Report says:

Anton Paar USA, a subsidiary of the Austria-based Anton Paar Group, plans to construct a three-story, 30,000-SF facility at East River, providing office and lab space.”

On 8/30/2024 at 11:16 AM, hindesky said:

Following last month's  architectural barriers project filing for 2990 Clinton Dr, a plan reviewing fee was purchased yesterday.

Details from the permit:

• Use: New, office
  • FCC Group: Office, Banks, & Professional Buildings

The plan reviewing fee is for Anton Paar in the East River mixed-use development.

RDh4DrL.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1