I'm starting to feel greedy. I want to approach Hines and propose adding 5 more floors on top for my personal residence simply because the cranes are appearing in views that have long only highlighted the Allied Bank and Texas Commerce Towers. I've spotted those beautiful "birds" around a bend at Memorial Park, from Rice's Intramural fields, and even from as far away as the trails near Meyerland. 

I'd love for this thing to be in the 850-900 foot range. She's a beauty. 

• Like 4

Is it just me or is this building turning out to be far more dominating than I thought it would be? This is like the Heritage Plaza of this building cycle....sort of the last big hooray before all the cranes come down on this cycle.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, wxman said:

This is like the Heritage Plaza of this building cycle....sort of the last big hooray before all the cranes come down on this cycle.

With one big difference - 609 isn't going to be a see through building for years on end after completion like Heritage was.

When people here in Michigan brag about how historic Detroit and all it's buildings are (which is the only thing worth bragging about), I will put this photo above and say hey we got historic buildings too!! They're just secluded in the greatness of our ever expanding city =P

Edited by enriquewx91
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2016 at 11:58 AM, wxman said:

Is it just me or is this building turning out to be far more dominating than I thought it would be? This is like the Heritage Plaza of this building cycle....sort of the last big hooray before all the cranes come down on this cycle.

I feel that way too.

Major influence on our skyline.

The height ofb the proposed international tower would have made a big difference in our skyline too. Wish we had gotten both this cycle

3 hours ago, HoustonIsHome said:

I feel that way too.

Major influence on our skyline.

The height ofb the proposed international tower would have made a big difference in our skyline too. Wish we had gotten both this cycle

thatd be a lot of cranes