Chevron Skyscraper Proposal At 1600 Louisiana St.

ricco67

If they're going to be up there at 800+ feet, may as well really create a stir by the ornamental top to make it the city's tallest!  Maybe something like this building from China, but with the Chevron logo projected onto it (like how Continental used to do)

dotclear.gifdotclear.gifhttp://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=50

Would the sloped cantilever look like a muted version of this?  Maybe without the fat base?

64907500201205241425394121189019303_000.

Edited by King Owl

I am not an architect so let me try to describe this thing....

The tower has to vertical setbacks on two sides of the building. All four faces of the building have a slight curve to them (there are no straight sections).

The coolest feature IMO is that the tower is smaller at the bottom. The lower few levels (i think its 1-3) are setback from the upper floors by 10-15 feet. There is a gentle slope up which will give a very cool view from the ground. Seeing 49 floors cantilevered above your head should be pretty cool.

The podium portion of the tower will be crazy cool. It seems like this section is still in flux but everything that I have seen is awesome.

Is this a description of the same building in the rendering already made public?

If they're going to be up there at 800+ feet, may as well really create a stir by the ornamental top to make it the city's tallest!  Maybe something like this building from China, but with the Chevron logo projected onto it (like how Continental used to do)

dotclear.gifdotclear.gifhttp://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=50

Would the sloped cantilever look like a muted version of this?  Maybe without the fat base?

64907500201205241425394121189019303_000.

I am not sure modeling a Houston tower after one in China would be a good thing. I say this in consideration of the subpar standards of quality they appear to embrace.

Just to play devil's advocate: where do you "see" subpar Chinese standards of quality?  Isn't China shipping over American engineers and architects?  I think, at minimum, we can be inspired by the creativity of the vanity structures the Chinese are building............

• Like 2

I am not sure modeling a Houston tower after one in China would be a good thing. I say this in consideration of the subpar standards of quality they appear to embrace.

You clearly don't understand how China's cities are built.  They're not designed by Chinese architects.  They're designed by American and European architects.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I believe so. I was the one that mentioned that. I heard it on another page (skyscraperpage?) by a random forum member.

I don't mean to start any unconfirmed speculation but word from my buddy is that they added another 10 stories!!! He couldn't remember the height though but if that's the case this could be around 960'. He's going to check out the blue prints tomorrow and lmk.

They still have corporate HQ to fill the 4th tower. ;) heh.. That's merely speculation. My buddy said it would have 2 penthouse floors..? I wonder if the Petroleum Club plans to move to that other place long term or just temporary, or who the top floors would be for

Edited by cloud713

The 960' is just a random guesstimate I came up with. Assuming the previous 832 number was right and the floors are around 13'. Tomorrow I should find out for sure

But yeah, I was thinking that too that it's not far off from a supertall

Just for fun...  If the building was going to be 832 feet with 50 stories, assuming the same average height per floor and adding 10 additional stories would give us a total height of 998.4 feet = 304 meters = supertall.

• Like 1

Just for fun...  If the building was going to be 832 feet with 50 stories, assuming the same average height per floor and adding 10 additional stories would give us a total height of 998.4 feet = 304 meters = supertall.

haha, i like your thinking. the only thing is im assuming the 832' was counting the 3 level podium with double height floors, whereas the podium isnt included in the "50 story" figure. which makes me wonder if the "64 stories" i heard included the podium or not. if it doesnt, this thing should break the supertall barrier.. i was assuming it did include the podium and that the podium was 4 stories (making for 10 additional floors), but the 4th story of the podium is the first floor of the tower, so i guess they possibly added 11 stories to the tower..? if all goes well ill have more details tomorrow...

Now all they need is a large antenna to attach to the top and voila! New tallest in the city.

• Like 1

Any news?!

Right?? I feel like a kid who can't wait for Christmas to open his presents.. Hopefully soon.. He hadn't double checked the blueprints yet when I asked earlier. I hope he's right about this. He seemed pretty sure about 64 stories though.

Edited by cloud713