Chevron Skyscraper Proposal At 1600 Louisiana St.

ricco67

55 minutes ago, mattyt36 said:

Fencing up at the new tower site and the old Houston Press site.  Strange ...

I saw this too...

20 minutes ago, bobruss said:

I think they're just trying to keep street people from squatting.

Its just a grass field though... if anything, it was nice green space.

For what it’s worth, Chevron announced they are building a new building in Australia. This signals they are willing to invest in real estate again. Any insiders heard of any rumblings?

• Like 4

Sooooooo is there reason to believe the 'Chevron Tower' is about to break ground or are we all jumping the gun here? I get very, very excited about these things and I don't wanna be let down lol. 

Are the old Enron buildings even full?

Edited by wxman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wxman said:

Sooooooo is there reason to believe the 'Chevron Tower' is about to break ground or are we all jumping the gun here? I get very, very excited about these things and I don't wanna be let down lol. 

Are the old Enron buildings even full?

I doubt groundbreaking is imminent. I think there’s excitement *something* is being done with the lot. They’ve also fenced off the old Houston Press lot, I believe.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sdm1130 said:

Sadly, it is just a staging area for an HVAC project.

This from someone who has a total of 3 posts over the years?

Do you have a source for this HVAC project? Why would a 15 year old commercial office building need upgraded HVAC systems? They last longer than that in starter homes.

And why would the also fence off the former Houston Press building site?

On 5/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, Stone said:

This from someone who has a total of 3 posts over the years?

Do you have a source for this HVAC project? Why would a 15 year old commercial office building need upgraded HVAC systems? They last longer than that in starter homes.

And why would the also fence off the former Houston Press building site?

Skyhouse had to have it's chiller replaced within a year of opening

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Someone with one post calling out someone with 3 post.

very funny lol GIF

Well I don't know if you know, but you need an ENTIRE block to stage an HVAC project. I for one take the dude with 3 posts very very very seriously.

• Like 1

Skyhouse Houston used the Skyhouse Main parking lot (when it was parking only) as the staging point for the helicopter to replace the chiller.  If the HVAC project is of that magnitude, maybe they are using that block instead of closing streets.

Or they are going to start site work on the new building, or they will rip up the grass and pave it for extra parking.

Or maybe Chevron is opening a gas station downtown

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cspwal said:

Skyhouse Houston used the Skyhouse Main parking lot (when it was parking only) as the staging point for the helicopter to replace the chiller.  If the HVAC project is of that magnitude, maybe they are using that block instead of closing streets.

Or they are going to start site work on the new building, or they will rip up the grass and pave it for extra parking.

Or maybe Chevron is opening a gas station downtown

Very true. Honestly didn't consider that. Then again my knowledge on those kinds of operations is very little to zero.

• Like 3

correction, 5am-5pm Sunday May 19, and ALL surrounding streets to be closed to vehicles and pedestrians, fairly extensive area.....Andrews, Shaw, Ruthven, Smith, Louisiana, Pease and Bell  Employees will be allowed if work critical, but no exit or entrance 6am-8am and if necessary 5pm-8pm.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, hindesky said:

They wouldn't do that for just a chiller changeout. Did you see if there was a "Large Construction Project" sign on it?

On the rail heading back home. Will check Sunday.

edit: I was wrong. I was speaking about the former Houston Press site?

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 1