Development List For Buildings In Houston

houstonsemipro

Sounds good.  I would hope to see a couple of other smaller (200 or so room hotels) in and around the historical district and on Main Street as nice infill.

Would make sense if Midway were behind one of those other hotels...but who knows?

I would be very happy to see some additional hotels (either new construction or renovation) take some spaces downtown.  Infill is glorious!

We are slowly filling in the doughnut!

• Like 1

Under development:

Marriot 806 Main

Holiday Inn

Planned:

Hyatt Place

Hampton Inn

Marriot Convention Center

Another I believe near Toyota Center

Don't know the other two.

Couldn't list them all from the top of my head, but as TowerSpotter said one may be the rumored Ritz Carlton. The other is the Greenstreet Hotel, proposed by Midway.

Edited by Urbannizer

I would be interested in seeing the amount of square footage under construction and see if Houston moves up the lists of total office space markets. Personally I would like to see Houston eclipse Dallas in office space and eclipse Dallas Ft. Worth in population.

Dallas has more office space than Houston? I think your mistaken, but maybe I am. Downtown Houston has like 46m sq ft of office space. I think dtd has somewhere in the low 30s. Maybe their suburbs have that much more office space than ours, but I find that hard to bslieve

I think Dallas and Houston are fairly close but Dallas Ft Worth has significantly more space

i guess if you consider 15 million square feet "fairly close".. and are you referring to "Houston" (aka Downtown), or are you referring to all of Houston.. downtown, uptown, the texas medical center (all over 30 million square feet), greenway plaza/upper kirby, the woodlands, katy/energy corridor, memorial city, briarlake plaza, greenspoint, memorial park, the museum district, ect..? because i seriously doubt DFW is "significantly larger" than the greater Houston area.

i guess if you consider 15 million square feet "fairly close".. and are you referring to "Houston" (aka Downtown), or are you referring to all of Houston.. downtown, uptown, the texas medical center (all over 30 million square feet), greenway plaza/upper kirby, the woodlands, katy/energy corridor, memorial city, briarlake plaza, greenspoint, memorial park, the museum district, ect..? because i seriously doubt DFW is "significantly larger" than the greater Houston area.

If I can remember correctly, With the medical center space included Houston was at about 200M sq feet while the metroplex was at about 170M

Last I checked DTD had only about 25Msq ft of space. For some reason market reports combine DTD with the office Space of DTFW so while it may show up as Downtown Dallas -37M sq ft you have to keep in mind that that includes two downtown.

Uptown and TMC are both large than DTD, and DTH is almost twice as large as DTD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The list has been revised for 2014.

Downtown development map updated.

Two Briarlake Plaza and Shiek Zayed Bin Sultan MD Anderson Cancer Center removed.

Hyatt Regency Hotel and Kirby Grove at Levy Park moved to u/c.

Camden Residential added.

Question: Anyone know if this is for Houston? If so, where? Ziegler Cooper is the architect; I know Sprouts is currently looking around for new locations.

11141245976_f5326cf22b_b.jpg

Here's a list for projects going up, but not above ten-floors: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=2274346&postcount=2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprising though. I was thinking they'd target Uptown but River Oaks is pretty close. Probably going to get the different roof design.

The airplane hanger? I hope not..

So where do we think this will go? Westheimer, or San Felipe? Near the Huntington and 2229 would make sense but I don't know where they would put it, without buying up houses to demolish.

Edited by cloud713

I think the next version of this is going to have alot added. I am not sure about moving things from Proposed / Approved to "under contruction", but the "proposed' list has certainly grown in the past month. Montrose residential,  additional market square residential, Uptown developments.

Cool progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, took some time revising the list for February.

Downtown Development Map Updated

New to the list: Skyhouse River Oaks, Chelsea Montrose, 9807 & 9811 Katy Freeway, Westcreek Center, Anadarko Tower IV

Renderings added: 3400 Montrose, Block 52/1400 Texas, State National Bank Building

Moved from proposed to u/c: Hilcorp Energy Tower, 2229 San Felipe

Moved from rumored to proposed: Anadarko Tower III

• Like 1

Awesome -

Urbannizer, did you include the 16 story parking garage downtown near Wedge Tower and Hyatt? I might have missed it. Also, West Ave phase III planned section? Alley Theater Renovation - scheduled July 2014 start.

Thanks for your work here!

Edited by Avossos