State National Bank To Become Moxy Hotel By Marriott At 412 Main St.

Urbannizer

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/05/11/new-moxy-houston-downtown-hotel-to-open-soon.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_27&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

"The historic 13-story building has been revamped to house a Moxy by Marriott, which is scheduled to open in either late June or early July, depending on when the city grants a certificate of occupancy. Moxy Houston Downtown will be located at 412 Main St. on the block of Main Street between Prairie and Preston streets.

Houston-based LMG General Contractors oversaw the construction of Moxy Houston Downtown, while New Orleans-based Campo Architecture & Interior Design served as lead architect on the project. The plan to convert the State National Building into Moxy Houston Downtown was first announced in 2021."

• Like 5

17 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/05/11/new-moxy-houston-downtown-hotel-to-open-soon.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_27&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

"The historic 13-story building has been revamped to house a Moxy by Marriott, which is scheduled to open in either late June or early July, depending on when the city grants a certificate of occupancy. Moxy Houston Downtown will be located at 412 Main St. on the block of Main Street between Prairie and Preston streets.

Houston-based LMG General Contractors oversaw the construction of Moxy Houston Downtown, while New Orleans-based Campo Architecture & Interior Design served as lead architect on the project. The plan to convert the State National Building into Moxy Houston Downtown was first announced in 2021."

I love this. For Houston’s size, the number of hotel flags we have had isn’t so impressive. But there’s been A LOOOOT of improvement since the Super Bowl. Keep them coming!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Caribomoa said:

I love this. For Houston’s size, the number of hotel flags we have had isn’t so impressive. But there’s been A LOOOOT of improvement since the Super Bowl. Keep them coming!

Indeed.  Not so very long ago, there were only 4 hotels in downtown Houston. With the opening of the Moxy, I believe we'll be up to 30!

• Like 5

The Moxy Hotel brand is also known for having a heavy focus on nightlife. It’s well located by the Main St Bars to have a good impact.

Hopefully it helps attract a younger crowd to Main St. The Main St kinda have the reputation for where the older crowd goes. Where as the younger crowds go to Washington Ave or Midtown

• Like 6

On 5/12/2023 at 9:41 PM, Caribomoa said:

The Moxy Hotel brand is also known for having a heavy focus on nightlife. It’s well located by the Main St Bars to have a good impact.

Hopefully it helps attract a younger crowd to Main St. The Main St kinda have the reputation for where the older crowd goes. Where as the younger crowds go to Washington Ave or Midtown

I guess older is relative, .. My husband and I are in our early 50’s and were by far some of the older ones in Frank’s around 8:30 pm last Saturday. The crowd was a mix of ages though. I do notice a lot of younger people riding the scooters around DT now. 

• Like 6

• The title was changed to State National Bank To Become Moxy Hotel By Marriott At 412 Main St.
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This is interesting construction photo I've not seen before and thank you for sharing. Its intriguing to me that they let their steel sub effectively complete all their work while presumable pouring or laying out 2 intermediate floors, one in the middle of the building, one near the bottom. They also have the supplementary roof framing already installed. A bit of an eye opening and unusual construction sequencing.

great find @Highrise Tower

• Like 3

On 7/5/2024 at 10:21 AM, Purdueenginerd said:

This is interesting construction photo I've not seen before and thank you for sharing. Its intriguing to me that they let their steel sub effectively complete all their work while presumable pouring or laying out 2 intermediate floors, one in the middle of the building, one near the bottom. They also have the supplementary roof framing already installed. A bit of an eye opening and unusual construction sequencing.

great find @Highrise Tower

Would the two intermediate concrete floors be a way to stabilize the steel structure while they continued erecting it?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 12:33 PM, ATH said:

Would the two intermediate concrete floors be a way to stabilize the steel structure while they continued erecting it?

Not really haha, It'll have some localized benefits to the gravity members at that level. My speculation is they put it as a staging deck for materials, etc. 

• Like 2