Holiday Inn Express/Staybridge Suites Hotel At 1319 Texas Ave.

downtownian

Just a quick question after paging through the pics....

I see the crane tower goes through the concrete flooring.  Do they leave those after completion and wall around them, or disassemble them and somehow patch the flooring? 

Sorry, I'm not a construction guy, but I find that fascinating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zorin said:

I see the crane tower goes through the concrete flooring.  Do they leave those after completion and wall around them, or disassemble them and somehow patch the flooring? 

They leave a little bit of rebar poking out of the holes and when the tower crane is removed they install more rebar and then add the concrete.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hindesky said:

They leave a little bit of rebar poking out of the holes and when the tower crane is removed they install more rebar and then add the concrete.

Thanks, man!  Pretty cool.

• Like 1

Just now, 004n063 said:

The diaspora mural is really something. From what I could tell this morning, they're almost done with it.

Bimbo and Victor Ash were finishing it up. Precinct 1 Commissioner showed up on his bike said they were going to unveil the 3 new murals inside the Cotton Exchange building during a press conference. The one that might not be finished is the tall one on 1111 Main St. too much rain this week. More murals to come in January.

• Like 6