Beltway Expansion South/Southwest

I hit the 59 and SH Tollway around 415 every weekday heading back northeast. The southwest bound lanes are still clogged as of Friday, and that is when some stayed home due to the freeze. Sorry, I disagree that it is flowing easier. I will check it out this week to see if their is a difference.

maybe i just caught it on a freak occasion? i didnt have to slow down for traffic once that day. i even took pictures ill post up..
im sure there can definitely still be traffic in certain areas, but being 4 lanes instead of 2 i doubt the traffic backs up nearly as far.

here are the photos i took that day..
57325233-6A50-416B-B69D-BD415BB2C0A6_zps

97B58255-10BD-4EA8-92CE-BB2FC17B999D_zps

This was the most traffic i came across the whole stretch from 59 to 288.

F3512AF1-46C4-49A2-B8C6-1E1FA1EC45B7_zps

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

I'm talking about past Highway 59

Yeah, that seems relevant - complaining about the traffic on a section which was not expanded and is not the topic of the thread. Should the completed construction on the South Belt also take the blame for rush hour congestion on I-45?

• Like 1

it flows into it....

... through the same chokepoint which hasn't been widened, like was said before. Seriously, if you want to argue that adding capacity doesn't decrease congestion, there's a better thread for you here (http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/29653-more-congestion-on-i10/). Arguing this point for a freeway which is not congested and which opened new lanes a few weeks ago is not a winner.

• The title was changed to Beltway Expansion South/Southwest