United Airlines

brain

I flew out of the new concourse last Friday.  I was impressed. I expect that the same design theme will extend East towards the New Terminal D and West to new North concourses at Terminal B.  Definitely great progress with a lot of good food options.  Each gate has its own café, table seating in addition to a limited number of regular airport, tandem seats.  Food and drinks can be ordered from and delivered to the gate areas. A far cry from LAX.  Well done Houston Airport system.     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect he will run the show sooner rather than later. His thoughts on growing connecting hubs again are quite neat--at one of the earnings calls, I recall he pointed out that CLT was one of AA's most profitable hubs, despite having much lower O/D traffic.  I tend to think he may try to turn DEN into UA's domestic connecting powerhouse, though.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:52 AM, Houston19514 said:

What makes you think that?

Better geographic positioning.  IAH is quite far south and is great for California to Florida flows, but isn't a natural connector for a lot else on the domestic side.  With that being said, I understand UA is going to re-bank IAH in order to promote connectivity.  We may see a net loss in departures but a net gain in seats as UA looks to upgauge the size of aircraft flying various routes (e.g. instead of an E-145 flying various routes we might see an E-175 or, if UA pulls the trigger on an order, one of the Bombardier C-Series). 

18 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Better geographic positioning.  IAH is quite far south and is great for California to Florida flows, but isn't a natural connector for a lot else on the domestic side.  With that being said, I understand UA is going to re-bank IAH in order to promote connectivity.  We may see a net loss in departures but a net gain in seats as UA looks to upgauge the size of aircraft flying various routes (e.g. instead of an E-145 flying various routes we might see an E-175 or, if UA pulls the trigger on an order, one of the Bombardier C-Series). 

Understood.  Of course there are many factors beyond geographical location to consider:  weather delays, costs of operations, o&d traffic, and interconnection with international traffic.  The last one obviously weighs in IAH's favor.  I not sure about the others.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Saw the new livery for United today. Buddy works at corporate. At first I liked it. Then I realized that there’s nothing wrong with the old Continental livery—except the fact that it’s Continental and they want to get rid of it. The new paint isn’t horrible but I prefer what we have now.

https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/04/23/first-look-united-unveils-its-renewed-livery/

• The title was changed to Continental To Team With United In Star Alliance
  • The title was changed to United Airlines