East Village: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 St. Emanuel St.

1 hour ago, JClark54 said:

Food looks really good which is no surprise given Agricole's success with their other dining concepts. Looking forward to trying it out.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2023 at 12:48 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Sign related permits were filed today for the inside of 2106 Dallas St, Suite 100. The permits pertain to signage inside Lustre Pearl.

Lustre Pearl is a bar from Austin's Dunlap ATX. It's opening soon in East Village. The bar's webpage lists 2106 Dallas St, Suite 110 as the address.

Sign operating permit

0DdSQdF.png

Sign construction permit

l0cdDkW.png

@HNathoo shared this photo of Lustre Pearl's forthcoming location in East Village about three weeks ago on Twitter. The photo shows the bar's recently installed signage.

Lustre Pearl is a bar from Austin's Dunlap ATX. It's opening soon at 2106 Dallas St, Ste 100. The bar's webpage lists 2106 Dallas St, Suite 110 as the address.

https://twitter.com/hussain_nathoo/status/1735044938549661917

QfosXon.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 3/7/2024 at 12:06 PM, HNathoo said:

I imagine Lustre Pearl will also be opening soon. Will be nice to add a bit more vibrancy to the neighborhood.

Yesterday, Lustre Pearl announced it is opening for a sneak peek this weekend in an Instagram story. The bar is located in the East Village development at 2106 Dallas St, Suite 100.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, EastwoodEnvoy said:

Food looks really good which is no surprise given Agricole's success with their other dining concepts. Looking forward to trying it out.

I was reserving judgment because I've found Agricole to be really hit or miss, but HiWay is a hit for sure. Was really impressed with the food and happy to see it well-packed on a weeknight. Great salsa and queso.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:23 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Yesterday, Lustre Pearl announced it is opening for a sneak peek this weekend in an Instagram story. The bar is located in the East Village development at 2106 Dallas St, Suite 100.

I was out for a walk along St. Emmanuel on Sunday and decided to walk into Lustre Pearl when I noticed people peeking from the rooftop. Based on a discussion with the bartender, Lustre Pearl is open. They are pretty much working with a blank slate, so I am interested to see how they will fit into the East Downtown neighborhood and the Houston bar scene in general. They are currently doing drink service only. They plan to serve food in the near future once they have developed their menu. They have a vision to bring in a mix of events and entertainment: trivia, DJ's, live music, drag brunch, etc.

I unfortunately did not take any photos. The space is huge! Where the Austin locations are more vintage rustic, the East Downtown location is industrial rustic. The interior on the first level was wonderfully done. Plenty of bar, lounge, and high top seating on the first level. Plenty of standing room on both levels. The rooftop is beautifully done. It has a great view of the Downtown skyline. From what I can tell, there was not a lot of noise bleeding from the surrounding bars with outdoor spaces, such as Truck Yard and Sunset, and vice versa.

Looking forward to making this a regular stop in the neighborhood.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The departures of HiWay Cantina, Lightnin's Good Times, and Vinny's at 1201 St Emanuel is shocking. What a loss for East Village. 

Hopefully Ancorian can find a new tenant(s) soon. Preferably tenants that are able to execute a good concept and draw crowds.

I hope so, but the language sounds more like doom and gloom for businesses on Saint Emanuel afterall. I hope this is just a conservative/self preservation move by Agricole (which I don't blame them for at all) and not much more than that.

Foot traffic around this area always seems to be low unless it's a game day. I think the highway project will make foot traffic even worse. Hopefully Seaside doesn't leave, and if they do hopefully they relocate to east river or the mill. I would hate to lose them in this area.

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, E.Res said:

I have wondered what the i45-project will do to Eado in general. 

I've been looking at similar projects in other cities, and it might be good, or it might be bad, or it might not change a thing.  It all seems pretty random.

I haven't been following this as closely as I'd like.  Are TXDOT's current plans set in stone, or are they still subject to change?

On 9/29/2024 at 12:01 AM, E.Res said:

I have wondered what the i45-project will do to Eado in general. 

my snarky response:

we can all rest easy knowing that in 30 years when this project is complete that people in Conroe will be able to shave 5 minutes off their commute into town. at least until the induced demand kicks in and congestion is just as bad as it ever was because people are going to move to the newest Houston suburb of New Waverly.

not so snarky response:

if someone is closing right now and blaming it on a project that hasn't had any measurable impact yet, well, yeah, they're just using an excuse for whatever the real reason for closing is.

as Editor says, East Downtown may bomb, it may stay steady, or it may end up flourishing during the construction. 

• Like 4

On 9/30/2024 at 8:54 AM, samagon said:

if someone is closing right now and blaming it on a project that hasn't had any measurable impact yet, well, yeah, they're just using an excuse for whatever the real reason for closing is.

It's possible, but I'm not so sure. It seemed like HiWay was getting really good traction. Vinny's not as much, and I can't speak to Lightnin's. I suppose it's possible that after the failure of Miss Carousel and Indianola, they felt like that particular location just wasn't worth it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2024 at 5:06 PM, Andrew Ewert said:

It's possible, but I'm not so sure. It seemed like HiWay was getting really good traction. Vinny's not as much, and I can't speak to Lightnin's. I suppose it's possible that after the failure of Miss Carousel and Indianola, they felt like that particular location just wasn't worth it.

We ate at HiWay's a couple weeks ago, and I am not joking when I say this. Possibly the worse Mexican food I have ever had. Eastwood has so many amazing authentic Mexican restaurants, this was not one of them. Still would rather them be open and not a stupid highway extension. 

• Haha 3

Dang, that just wasn’t my experience at all. With the caveat they were very much Tex-Mex (which is an entirely distinct cuisine from authentic Mexican in my mind), I thought they were stellar. The handful of times I went there, I was always really pleased with it. To each their own.