The Plant At Harrisburg: 3401 Harrisburg Blvd.

1 hour ago, wilcal said:

I saw the pavement torn up this weekend and was wonder what was happening. 

I thought that this was part of the public street, so I guess they are doing an encroachment agreement.

That's where the curb cut was for the warehouse driveway. As long as they don't install any permanent structures, there shouldn't be any restrictions.

30 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

That's where the curb cut was for the warehouse driveway. As long as they don't install any permanent structures, there shouldn't be any restrictions.

How do you make a patio without any permanent structures? Flower pots and mobile stansions? 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, bobruss said:

Ate dinner at Street To Kitchen last night and thought it was outstanding. I like the interiors of the restaurant. Very clean and simple but fresh. The food was delicious! Noticed the work being done on the sidewalk and wasn't sure what they were doing. That will be a nice addition. That whole area has changed so much with the residential on Harrisburg, the Plant and the other improvements thanks to the rail. I think this is a prime example that rail does help in development. You can't tell me that Harrisburg would have come so far without it.

it's purely coincidental.

correlation doesn't mean causation.

/s 

I will say though, there are less expensive places to get Thai street food. and every time I eat Thai I am haunted by the memory of Kanomwan. that was some tasty Thai.

Edited by samagon

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

A residential sidewalk, driveway permit was purchased Thursday for 3401 1/2 Harrisburg Blvd.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Commercial sitework improvements '15 IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The Plant is located at 3401 Harrisburg Blvd. It is part of Concept Neighborhood's multi-block development named The Plant / Second Ward.

XtVIXWX.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A residential sidewalk, driveway permit was purchased Thursday for 3401 1/2 Harrisburg Blvd.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Commercial sitework improvements '15 IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The Plant is located at 3401 Harrisburg Blvd. It is part of Concept Neighborhood's multi-block development named The Plant / Second Ward.

XtVIXWX.png

Sounds like that might be Neighbors (fomerly How to Survive), which definitely needs a sidewalk/pedestrian realm upgrade.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...