WestGrayGuy

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Do we have any ideas when this will be started? I haven't heard any movement on it since last year:

The site superintendent at the Randall Davis River View apartments said he has seen workers near the north bank of Buffalo Bayou right by his site. I told him who they were and what is planned. I'm guessing they were probably surveying the area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Standard on the River, East River, River View.  All these years (decades, really) in Houston and I never knew there was a river. Don't know how I missed it. 😮

Since the headwaters of rivers originate in mountains, the source of the elusive river in question must be that well-known local peak, Mount Houston. ;-)

Or maybe it's only visible to non-natives.

"Houston is a cruel, crazy town on a filthy river in East Texas with no zoning laws and a culture of sex, money and violence."  --Hunter S. Thompson

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2024 at 12:43 PM, hbg.50 said:

There is a separate thread for your question…

“Memorial Park to Buffalo Bayou Park Bike Connection”

I don’t know how to copy the link here…

On 8/30/2024 at 1:06 PM, hindesky said:

The site superintendent at the Randall Davis River View apartments said he has seen workers near the north bank of Buffalo Bayou right by his site. I told him who they were and what is planned. I'm guessing they were probably surveying the area.

Ahh ok, thank you both!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI Buffalo Bayou is a river.

A river is a natural freshwater stream that flows on land or inside caves towards another body of water at a lower elevation, such as an ocean, lake, or another river. 

In usage in the Southern United States, a bayou is a body of water typically found in a flat, low-lying area. It may refer to an extremely slow-moving stream, river (often with a poorly defined shoreline), marshy lake, wetland, or creek.

• Like 9

On 9/20/2024 at 4:17 PM, JJxvi said:

FYI Buffalo Bayou is a river.

A river is a natural freshwater stream that flows on land or inside caves towards another body of water at a lower elevation, such as an ocean, lake, or another river. 

In usage in the Southern United States, a bayou is a body of water typically found in a flat, low-lying area. It may refer to an extremely slow-moving stream, river (often with a poorly defined shoreline), marshy lake, wetland, or creek.

Thank you for this. Years ago, I described to some East Coast friends who had no idea what a Bayou was as a "slow-moving river", and they were able to get what that meant.

• Like 4

What are the odds that the huge junk yard directly across the bayou (Proler Southwest) will move out of their property? The area looks like its headed into its prime and they have a huge waterfront lot in the middle of all this development, would be great place for an entertainment complex/ a space people could utilize. 

1 minute ago, Amlaham said:

What are the odds that the huge junk yard directly across the bayou (Proler Southwest) will move out of their property? The area looks like its headed into its prime and they have a huge waterfront lot in the middle of all this development, would be great place for an entertainment complex/ a space people could utilize. 

I talked with a guy that works for Buffalo Bayou Partnership at the presentation they had a few weeks ago who said that if the price is right Proler would leave since they have other scrap yards in the Houston area.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2024 at 7:19 AM, hindesky said:

The Buffalo Bayou Partnership unveiled an ambitious plan two years ago to extend Buffalo Bayou Park into Fifth Ward and East End. The reveal was accompanied by a $100 million gift from the Kinder Foundation, which supported BBP's 10-year master plan for Buffalo Bayou East. 

Since then, the organization has been quietly working behind-the-scenes to produce walking and biking trails, parks, a ball field, entertainment venues and affordable housing for those neighborhoods. On Wednesday, BBP leadership shared "Buffalo Bayou East: A Progress Report to the Community" with updated information, project timelines, new renderings and three invitations for the public to celebrate and see the 10-year master plan's progress.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lifestyle/article/buffalo-bayou-east-renderings-19725951.php

RgTWHlp.png

u5MF35Y.png

fJn61V9.png

On 8/28/2024 at 8:40 PM, hindesky said:

2MN5CGD.jpeg

ZpH7RGi.jpeg

wJaLfz1.jpeg

zkDEut0.jpeg

p1PtAYb.jpeg

PhkyeXD.jpeg

BEyCtRz.jpeg

mHI00Hr.jpeg

InXrphR.jpeg

Uxkgb9v.jpeg

On 8/28/2024 at 8:49 PM, hindesky said:

Trails will be 13' wide instead of 10' wide, lighted with benches and trash cans. Management of the trails will be in perpetuity.

9yYgkIP.jpeg

K1oo9t9.jpeg

OXSvd7j.jpeg

lPjchbz.jpeg

xRWZeUb.jpeg

tgArGN9.jpeg

QIgTzLJ.jpeg

l1HiU2G.jpeg

On 9/3/2024 at 5:31 PM, hindesky said:

Below is a site plan of the Tony Marron Park expansion (501 N York St / 501 North York St) submitted to the  the city's Joint Referral Committee (JRC) in 2022. Buffalo Bayou Partnership sought  an abandonment and sale of a street or alley.

https://popms.houstontx.gov/OnlineJRC/Review/Review/1493

hkgPomw.jpeg

Closer view

r0bXIs4.jpeg

8C1AmK4.jpeg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 5

On 8/6/2024 at 10:10 AM, hindesky said:

Architect - https://asakurarobinson.com

CvpZPPh.pngpfbbIoj.png

The city approved permitting for park improvement civil sitework at 501 N York St earlier this month. As noted in an August architectural barriers project filing,  501 N York St is an expansion of Tony Marron Park.

.A screenshot of the plan review inspection report is posted below.

dteyvRo.png

17 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The city approved permitting for park improvement civil sitework at 501 N York St earlier this month. As noted in an August architectural barriers project filing,  501 N York St is an expansion of Tony Marron Park.

.A screenshot of the plan review inspection report is posted below.
dteyvRo.png

Following permitting approval two weeks ago, Tellepsen obtained several permits for 501 N York St (501 North York St) on Friday:

• Structural / building permit
  • Duplicate co ( certificate of occupancy) or change of owner permit
  • Certificate of compliance
  • Development plats
  • Grading and filling permit
  • Impact water fee

Details from the permit:

• Use: Park improvement civil sitework (M/3)1-1-3-S1/B-B '15 IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

501 N York St is an expansion of Tony Marron Park.

Structural / building permit

px19Jrk.png

Duplicate co ( certificate of occupancy) or change of owner permit

kTIoHCv.png

Certificate of compliance

rPV0UoE.png

Development plats

8pKAo5X.png

Grading and filling permit

Ir7M8eR.png

Impact water fee

0wBx3HN.png