Stomping Grounds: 1225 W. 34th St.

Mab

The shipping container kiosk at Stomping Grounds may be leased. I think the new tenant is a bar named High Five. However, I can't find anything confirming this.

Stomping Grounds' website hasn't been updated in a while. Their site plan still shows Little Dreamer Coffee occupying the space at 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B. 

2 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The shipping container kiosk at Stomping Grounds may be leased. I think the new tenant is a bar named High Five. However, I can't find anything confirming this.

There is an Instagram for High Five. Although the address isn't in the bio field, this is the bar's account.

High Five a new bar opening soon in Stomping Grounds. The bar's address is 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B.

https://www.instagram.com/highfiveminibar

On 3/6/2024 at 2:01 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Stomping Grounds' website hasn't been updated in a while. Their site plan still shows Little Dreamer Coffee occupying the space at 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B. 

On 3/6/2024 at 4:05 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

There is an Instagram for High Five. Although the address isn't in the bio field, this is the bar's account.

High Five a new bar opening soon in Stomping Grounds. The bar's address is 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B.

https://www.instagram.com/highfiveminibar

CultureMap confirm High Five is indeed leasing the shipping container kiosk at Stomping Grounds. The bar replaces Little Dreamer Coffee at 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B. It's aiming to open March 29.

Below are additional details from the CultureMap article published today:

Proprietor Will Ebarb partnered with Betelgeuse Betelgeuse owner Chris Cusack to bring High Five to life... High Five’s shipping container has been given a makeover that includes a paint job centered around bright, primary colors and the addition of mid century design elements.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/high-five-mini-bar-stomping-grounds/

Houston Chronicle also has an article about High Five.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/high-five-mini-bar-houston-18891895.php

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 3/6/2024 at 2:01 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

14 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

CultureMap confirm High Five is indeed leasing the shipping container kiosk at Stomping Grounds. The bar replaces Little Dreamer Coffee at 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B. It's aiming to open March 29.

Below are additional details from the CultureMap article published today:

Proprietor Will Ebarb partnered with Betelgeuse Betelgeuse owner Chris Cusack to bring High Five to life... High Five’s shipping container has been given a makeover that includes a paint job centered around bright, primary colors and the addition of mid century design elements.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/high-five-mini-bar-stomping-grounds/

Houston Chronicle also has an article about High Five.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/high-five-mini-bar-houston-18891895.php

A photo of High Five provided in the press release distributed to CultureMap and Houston Chronicle.

High Five is a bar located in Stomping Grounds at 1223 W 34th St, Bldg B. 

78JOKw2.jpeg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Stomping Grounds: 1225 W. 34th St.
  • 1 month later...

Went to Stomping Grounds for ice cream the other night.  Had not been there in a while.  The area in the middle by the stage where kids would play is now filled with picnic tables and there are signs everywhere saying that kids cannot play with "flying objects".  Worse still, they have big speakers everywhere blasting very loud music.  

I get the issues with parents letting their little special guy run rampant while mom and dad hit the bar.  So, I can see how having kids playing soccer in the middle part might have gotten out of hand.  But the music blasting is just awful.  It is close to the volume level you would get at a club in Shady Acres or Washington Ave.  And the scene was not that of a club.  Mostly a few random families and couples just wanting to get something to eat.  

If the expectation is to make this venue more geared towards a 20/30something club scene, this place is not going to last very long.  

They’re trying to make it a more attractive hang out spot at night. The tenants are not making enough money to justify the rent from just the daytime family customers. The issue is that it was vacant for so long post-covid that families became accustomed to running rampant there.

I live in GO and We haven’t really gone that much since more has opened. I don’t love the food options enough to deal with the crowd. 

On 7/16/2024 at 1:13 PM, s3mh said:

If the expectation is to make this venue more geared towards a 20/30something club scene, this place is not going to last very long.  

Yup. Whether they want to admit it, couples with kids are the ones keeping this place going. It didn't feel family friendly when we went there last week. In fact, our son and his little cousin were the only runs running around. Just a few months ago, this place was overflowing with kids running around. Perhaps it's just the heat that's stopping parents from coming here... guess we will see this fall, but it definitely felt unwelcoming.

• Like 1