Minute Maid Park Mixed-Use Development

Brandon55

5 minutes ago, monarch said:

spacer.png

^^^ you asked?  i've answered.  the city of Houston harbors waaaaaaay too many CONSERVATIVES running and owning lucrative and very important business initiatives.  i find it amazing that both austin and dallas would have had their respective renderings/concepts out by now... right?

That might be part of the issue but I don't see those other two cities being any different in some regards. I know Dallas has some very very conservative developers. In general developers are fickle, but development firms like Random Capital and Urban Genesis are pretty aggressive, even for Houston. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We first heard about this project FIVE YEARS AGO and have yet to hear anything substantial about it and no renderings or presentations to speak of.

During that 5 year span, the Astros have been to the ALCS FIVE times and the World Series THREE times and the stadium has been packed and has been one of the most successful/profitable franchises in the MLB yet still .....crickets!!!

Is Crane waiting for the Astros to stink before announcing this project ensuring it won't get the foot traffic to be successful.......or as successful as it could be TODAY?

We are seriously in competition with Dallas ...and now Austin to be the most vibrant exciting city in the Texas Triangle.

We need developers to STEP UP...not down!

Edited by shasta
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shasta said:

We are seriously in competition with Dallas ...and now Austin to be the most vibrant exciting city in the Texas Triangle.

I disagree with this.  Houston is not in competition with either of those cities.  As a city Houston is miles ahead of both.

Having said that, adding another hotel can only be positive for future events downtown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shasta said:

We first heard about this project FIVE YEARS AGO and have yet to hear anything substantial about it and no renderings or presentations to speak of.

During that 5 year span, the Astros have been to the ALCS FIVE times and the World Series THREE times and the stadium has been packed and has been one of the most successful/profitable franchises in the MLB yet still .....crickets!!!

Is Crane waiting for the Astros to stink before announcing this project ensuring it won't get the foot traffic to be successful.......or as successful as it could be TODAY?

We need developers to STEP UP...not down!

Relax.  Yes, it can be frustrating waiting for things to unfold, but it's not as if developments don't sometimes take a long time (and sometimes never come to fruition) in other cities.  I don't follow Austin all that closely, but I can guarantee Dallasonians have to deal with such frustrations as well (and I'm quite confident the same is true for Austin).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...