Residential Architecture Plot Plans

hoboattacker

Hey guys, I just joined the forum to ask a few questions and get information on architecture and styles of architecture...

Currently I'm doing some work for my dad over the Christmas holidays. I'm redrawing some of the floor plans he has and making some changes to them. He also wants me to do some plot plans because he has a few irregularly (sp?) shaped lots in his development. I feel like a noob (probably because I am one Laughing ), but can somebody explain to me on how to set up a plot plan? I did one in class at the beginning of the year but I can't remember how to do it again for the life of me. Any help is appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

I specifically need help on lots that are on a cul-de-sac and have angles (S58* 45' 33'W) type thing.

If you could send a file of a plot plan I could probably figure it out too if you don't feel like explaining Wink

hoboattacker@gmail.com <---email

Jordan

Hey guys, I just joined the forum to ask a few questions and get information on architecture and styles of architecture...

Currently I'm doing some work for my dad over the Christmas holidays. I'm redrawing some of the floor plans he has and making some changes to them. He also wants me to do some plot plans because he has a few irregularly (sp?) shaped lots in his development. I feel like a noob (probably because I am one Laughing ), but can somebody explain to me on how to set up a plot plan? I did one in class at the beginning of the year but I can't remember how to do it again for the life of me. Any help is appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

I specifically need help on lots that are on a cul-de-sac and have angles (S58* 45' 33'W) type thing.

If you could send a file of a plot plan I could probably figure it out too if you don't feel like explaining Wink

Jordan

Oh you must be looking for an ARCHITECTURE forum. Yeah see this a liberal/conservative, watch the news, listen to talk radio then come on the board and argue these points like they're your own type of forum. Sorry. . .

Jordan

The angles are part of the "bearing and distance" of the property lines. The angle represents the bearing of the lot line (S58* 45' 33" W - i.e., starting from the due south bearing, turn west (or clockwise) 58 degrees, 45 minutes and 33 seconds, and this gives you the "bearing" or orientation of the lot line.) There should also be a distance on the property line, denoting the length of that portion of the property line.

On cul-de-sacs, side lot lines are typically radial to the center of the cul-de-sac...meaning that the side lot lines would intersect the center of the cul-de-sac, if they were extended to the center.

Make sure that you meet the minimum lot frontage along the ROW line, and make sure you have enough width to fit the house at the lot's building line.

And...that's as much as I care to know about land planning/platting. Talk to a professional for the rest... :P