Waterline: Mixed-Use Building to be Tallest Tower In Texas

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

What's the over/under on the percentage at which Downtown Austin's office availability rate tops out?  Will it hit 40%?

spacer.png

^^^ dude, @Houston19514 who cares?  all that REALLY matters is we are 100% in LOVE WITH IT!

On 4/17/2024 at 6:49 PM, Houston19514 said:

What's the over/under on the percentage at which Downtown Austin's office availability rate tops out?  Will it hit 40%?

Why do you care so much about Austin vacancy rates?  Everyone knows that spec office space is dead virtually everywhere in the U.S. for many years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, The Hills said:

Why do you care so much about Austin vacancy rates? 

Because this is a thread about a building in Austin? Why would he ask about the vacancy rates in Chicago?

7 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

I was wondering what's going on with your images! I can't see them here or on SSP anymore. Maybe it's just me?

I can see the images…had problems about a month ago but the issue corrected itself…

On 4/12/2024 at 11:58 AM, Urbannizer said:

Amazing. As much as I love to rag on Austin, the weird youngest kid of the Texas metros, I am always the first to brag on how much Austin is changing and what it's becoming. These shots are gorgeous! If cities like SF and LA could put up construction cranes at this speed, there wouldn't be a housing crisis . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Since this is HAIF, maybe I can post this without too much backlash. 

Here is my idea for how Houston might deal with Austin's new supertall. Just after the new tower is topped out, the owners of Wells Fargo Plaza can reveal plans to add exterior wall extensions on the roof. 35 feet ought to do it. The extensions can be glazed or simply covered in a steel mesh for wind resistance. The support structure can be similar to the building in the lower right. I chose Wells Fargo Plaza because it would be easier to add extensions which integrate well with the existing building than it would be to do so on JP Morgan Chase Tower. I also chose extensions of differing heights to make the building a bit more interesting.

I know it'll never happen...

spacer.png

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Haha 6

On 5/7/2024 at 5:13 PM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Since this is HAIF, maybe I can post this without too much backlash. 

Here is my idea for how Houston might deal with Austin's new supertall. Just after the new tower is topped out, the owners of Wells Fargo Plaza can reveal plans to add exterior wall extensions on the roof. 35 feet ought to do it. The extensions can be glazed or simply covered in a steel mesh for wind resistance. The support structure can be similar to the building in the lower right. I chose Wells Fargo Plaza because it would be easier to add extensions which integrate well with the existing building than it would be to do so on JP Morgan Chase Tower. I also chose extensions of differing heights to make the building a bit more interesting.

I know it'll never happen...

spacer.png

The Glass should curve up to that height, throw in an observation deck too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...