The Lawndale: Multifamily At 8225 Lawndale St.

Luminare

• 2 months later...

This is taking forever for such a small project, I wonder if the construction crew of the Sovereign at the Ballpark splits their time between the two projects.

GgCUBDR.jpeg

u3By53H.jpeg

oD5Y6kC.jpeg

Of course it has the obligatory broken windows.

8Vo4aBJ.jpeg

TjV2a4T.jpeg

1nSIOKx.jpeg

qnibmj3.jpeg

0DgV0bE.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

A major commercial real estate developer is opening an apartment complex this month in Houston's East End aimed at essential workers.

The 106-unit Lawndale complex will offer market-rate and affordably priced rentals. The apartments, at 8225 Lawndale, are on 2.5 acres west of Interstate 610, the former site of a Frost Bank branch.

The Lawndale is Lovett Commercial's first multifamily project to open in Houston. The developer is known for its commercial projects such as Post Houston, and its sister company, Lovett Homes, is a prolific townhome developer.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/affordable-houston-apartments-east-end-open-19596556.php

5rdgbao.png

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, Texasota said:

I almost like it but those tiny baby windows kill it for me. i get they're cheaper, but they definitely look it.

The tiny windows are good for two reasons:

1. When inside, residents will not be reminded of where they live. 🤮

2. Less flying glass when something nearby explodes. 🔥

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

The tiny windows are good for two reasons:

1. When inside, residents will not be reminded of where they live. 🤮

2. Less flying glass when something nearby explodes. 🔥

Another wannabe comedian on HAIF.  Not everyone can afford to live in Midtown.  Houston is a big city.

• Like 1

IBSsjKa.png

Lovett Commercial is entering the multifamily market with the development of The Lawndale, an essential housing development in Houston’s Greater East End. The 106-unit garden-style community will open to residents this month.

The complex has one-, two- and three-bedroom units, half of which will be set aside for essential housing. Essential housing is reserved for professionals such as police officers, teachers and nurses earning around 80% of the area median income.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...