London House River Oaks: Condominium High-Rise At 2323 San Felipe St.

Highrise Tower

16 hours ago, Powermac said:

This boggles my mind... What genius actually thinks this looks better than the brick. Also, and I'm genuinely asking, why would the money be spent on laying all of that brick and just painting over it? 

Perhaps, they always wanted the stucco look and they found this was a cheaper way to get that look???

But I agree, I don;t get this...the neighboring buildings are brick.

I mean, RD does do infill projects that add to the city but the aesthetics...yaosers

• Like 2

For me, the worst of the somewhat recently completed tower projects in Houston was Randall Davis' own Marlowe... I haven't been by London House recently but it might be a close call between the 2?

Edited by J.A.

8 hours ago, shasta said:

Perhaps, they always wanted the stucco look and they found this was a cheaper way to get that look???

But I agree, I don;t get this...the neighboring buildings are brick.

I mean, RD does do infill projects that add to the city but the aesthetics...yaosers

I'm sure someone here with more knowledge on the subject can correct me, but I find it hard to believe that laying brick is cheaper than stucco.