Waugh/S. Heights/Feagan/Waughford improvements

TIRZ 5 has added a project to their '23-'27 CIP. Here's the narrative per their July Board meeting agenda:

• Striping & signage south of Feagan to improve safety at merge with S Heights.
  • The conversion, via restripe and curb extensions as appropriate, of Waugh Drive into a two-way roadway between Feagan and Washington Avenue. We are proposing a section that includes: 2 SB lanes, 1 NB lanes, and a two-way left turn lane
  • Update of the Waugh/Yale signal at Washington Avenue and add a WB left turn lane.
  • Modifications to the intersection of Waughford at Waugh to support two-way operations on Waugh.
  • Dedicated left-turn lanes and a new signal at S. Heights at Willia/Feagan. Makes it easier for everyone to get to Spotts Park
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

If Napoleon Complex little chaad mayor lets this move forward I would be surprised. He prefers cars to not to be impeded over burdensome pedestrian/cyclist safety. He wants to take Houston back to the ancient times when he was a little tyke back in the good ole 50's and 60's.

Design Engineer - https://quiddity.com

zzunDIX.pngNePIyXE.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, hindesky said:

If Napoleon Complex little chaad mayor lets this move forward I would be surprised. He prefers cars to not to be impeded over burdensome pedestrian/cyclist safety. He wants to take Houston back to the ancient times when he was a little tyke back in the good ole 50's and 60's.

While I don't disagree with what you wrote, let's keep the invectives in the Politics section, not in the general development threads. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, hindesky said:

Design Engineer - https://quiddity.com

zzunDIX.pngNePIyXE.png

Need this so, so badly.

4 hours ago, editor said:

While I don't disagree with what you wrote, let's keep the invectives in the Politics section, not in the general development threads. 

I agree. I think policy discussion is often relevant in non-Politics threads, but I don't think personal insults do much to drive the conversation forward, and more likely turn off the people for whom these issues are not or have not been priorities - which people comprise a majority of Houstonians and whose open ears we need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, s3mh said:

What exactly are they going to do?  Will there be a traffic light at this intersection?  A HAWK signal for pedestrians?  

Install new signals at Waugh at Feagan; and S Heights at Feagen (currently there is a marked crosswalk, but nothing else) so it would help both vehicles and pedestrians be able to cross those two high speed corridors safely. 

City recently updated the engage Houston page to include this project, all though there are no schematics posted yet: HSIP - Waugh Dr & Willia St and Heights Blvd & Feagan St Traffic Signals | Houston Public Works (engagehouston.org)

Edited by j.33
spelling error
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, j.33 said:

Install new signals at Waugh at Feagan; and S Heights at Feagen (currently there is a marked crosswalk, but nothing else) so it would help both vehicles and pedestrians be able to cross those two high speed corridors safely. 

City recently updated the engage Houston page to include this project, all though there are no schematics posted yet: HSIP - Waugh Dr & Willia St and Heights Blvd & Feagan St Traffic Signals | Houston Public Works (engagehouston.org)

Ah.  Yes, please.  This would also have the benefit of giving people coming in and out of HEB a fighting chance when traffic is stopped at the new light at Feagan.  

• Like 3

Reposted from a previous comment:

Don't be surprised if Whitmire wins the next election and serves a second term. Be prepared for pedestrian and cycling improvements to be set back for 8 years. We should start figuring out how we will fix everything afterwards.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IWantTransit555 said:

Reposted from a previous comment:

Don't be surprised if Whitmire wins the next election and serves a second term. Be prepared for pedestrian and cycling improvements to be set back for 8 years. We should start figuring out how we will fix everything afterwards.

He's losing support from the people that voted for him

• Like 4