River Oaks Plaza Retail Center At 1414 Waugh Dr.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this crew digging so I stopped to ask what they were doing, I thought they might be doing the gas disconnect. They said they are improving the gas line leading to the Modera Waugh. They said the gas disconnect for the old Luby's is on W. Pierce St. I showed them the render of the 34 story building that will be built here.

uJkv2zS.jpg

ZbUaIYo.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well...this means this project isn't happening anytime soon.

When the other Firness tenant closed I thought it could be because there was a demo schedule in place and the landlord was refusing to renew leases.

That doesn't appear to be the case

• Like 1

• The title was changed to River Oaks Plaza Redevelopment: Multifamily High-Rise At 1414 Waugh Dr.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 1:26 PM, shasta said:

Well...this means this project isn't happening anytime soon

When the other fitness tenant closed I thought it could be because there was a demo schedule in place and the landlord was refusing to renew leases.

That doesn't appear to be the case

Yep. I don't see the proposed redevelopment of this property happening anytime soon. To your point, the landlord is still leasing units to new tenants for River Oaks Plaza (1414-1576 W Gray St). There have also been some improvements made to the shopping center. None of those factors seem to indicate plans for a major redevelopment soon. 

Maybe this topic should be moved back to the River Oaks neighborhood forum? Perhaps when all the stores close in River Oaks Plaza, this topic should be relocated to the Going Up forum.

Plans for a remodel of the 1560 W Gray unit were approved for permitting last month. Yesterday, a structural / building permit was purchased for 1560 West Gray St.

According to the permit, the remodel is in preparations for a J. Crew Factory. The clothing store is also shown as one of the tenants on Fidelis' website.

The previous occupant was Carter's, a baby and children's clothing retailer. 

J. Crew Factory will be located in River Oaks Plaza. The shopping center is located at 1414-1576 W Gray St.

Details from the permit:

• Use: 4,141 sf retail remodel 1-1-2-M-B '21 IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

prEpme5.png

• The title was changed to River Oaks Plaza Retail Center At 1414 Waugh Dr.