Triple C Raceway In Alvin

Highrise Tower

I was reading the newspaper South Belt Leader dated June 26, 1986 and came across an article about Go-Karts.  Within the article it mentioned a race track called Triple C Raceway located in Alvin, TX.

Anyone know about this? I wonder if there was anyone on HAIF who has raced here in the past? 

IjtW1CZ.png

The local transplant adds the experience of racing 50-60 times at Alvin's Triple C Raceway gives him a "home court" advantage  over out-of-town contestants. 

hBo0BGn.png

• 2 months later...

I raced my go kart there once in the mid 80's.  It was a 1/8 mile oval and they raced go karts and what were called micro midgets then, now usually referred to as mini-sprints.  They were powered by 250cc 2-stroke engines.  I read that at some point the track was made into a 1/4 mile for full size cars and renamed (but I wasn't able to find out the name) and the go-karts and mini sprints moved to a new track also in Alvin called Gulf Coast Speedway.  I believe that track is still active.

• Like 1