Lindsey Farms The Egg House At 11216 South Post Oak Rd.

I was reading the newspaper The Bellaire & Southwestern Texan dated December 11, 1968 and came across a business advertisement for The Egg House located at 11216 South Post Oak Road. 

What's the story with this company? It would be hard to believe, in 2023, there would be a retail store that only sold eggs.  Did the sell dairy as well? Milk, cheese, or yogurt?

Looks like the eggs came from Lindsey Farms.  The farm, and retail headquarters was located at 11216 S. Post Oak.  I know they had a smaller retail store down the block at Willowbend and South Post Oak.  I believe they had a total of 7 or 8 locations across the city. 

I would love to hear more about this company.  Information about the farms and the Lindsey family.  

The Talking Hen Says: "This offer is made to invite you to try our Farm Fresh Eggs" (Sold only in 3-doz. cartons)

Announces: Special Offer
Bring Discount Coupon For:
3 Dozen Grade "A" Large Eggs for $1

Lindsey Farm Eggs are Farm Fresh, produced on Purina Feeds, delivered direct from the farm to our tore; are best quality available, and are backed by a Money-back Guarantee. 

If you want quality and freshness in eggs - at economy prices - redeem this coupon at Lindsey Farms Egg House, 11216 S. Post Oak. (Look for Red & White Checkerboard Sign.)

TQZuj3X.png