Car Parts, Inc. At 10224 South Post Oak Rd.

I was browsing the newspaper The Bellaire & Southwestern Texan dated November 20, 1974 and came across a full-page business advertisement for Car Parts, Inc. located at 10224 South Post Oak Road. 

Where exactly was this? Was there a small retail center at the corner of South Post Oak and West Bellfort?  Or maybe where the "fast food park" currently is? Where Jack In The Box, Taco Bell, and Long John Silvers are located? 

Does anyone recall this place? Awesome to see a smaller car parts company! Now days, it's all 2 or 3 national retailers. O'Reilly Auto Parts, AutoZone, or Pep Boys.  Was Car Parts, Inc. founded in Houston? Or better yet, in the area of Meyerland/Westbury/Willowbend?  

What's the history of this place? 

5NF6K1a.png

On 4/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, Highrise Tower said:

I was browsing the newspaper The Bellaire & Southwestern Texan dated November 20, 1974 and came across a full-page business advertisement for Car Parts, Inc. located at 10224 South Post Oak Road. 

Where exactly was this? Was there a small retail center at the corner of South Post Oak and West Bellfort?  Or maybe where the "fast food park" currently is? Where Jack In The Box, Taco Bell, and Long John Silvers are located? 

Does anyone recall this place? Awesome to see a smaller car parts company! Now days, it's all 2 or 3 national retailers. O'Reilly Auto Parts, AutoZone, or Pep Boys.  Was Car Parts, Inc. founded in Houston? Or better yet, in the area of Meyerland/Westbury/Willowbend?  

What's the history of this place? 

5NF6K1a.png

Based on the logo at the top and on some of the merchandise, it looks like the store was affiliated with Big A Auto Parts.

Carquest bought out Big A a long time ago, but I think they still have stores that have a similar model where you'll see a local name on the front, but it's tied to the larger company since they would supply the parts to the local owners.

I remember a Big A store in Rosenberg at Ave H (90-A) & 1st Street when I was growing up. They always had some neat branded vintage toy cars that I wanted when I was a kid. Could probably find them on Ebay at this point...

• Like 1