Jumpin' Gyminy Rebound Tumbling Center At 4942 Beechnut St.

I've always heard trampolines were very popular in the 1960s.  I looked on opencorpates and wow! There was a lot of businesses registered during that time.

I believe there were three, if not more, located in Southwest Houston? I believe there was one in Meyerland, Westbury, and Willowbend?

I just so happen to find (due to the company spelling) a few historical items about the location in Meyerland. This was located where present-day Meyerland Commons shopping center is? Did this, by chance, have miniature golf/putt putt as well?

Teen-Agers Invited To Enter 'Jump to Berlin' Contest

Boys and girls of the Houston area will have a chance to compete for a free trip to Berlin, Germany, in the “Jump to Berlin” contest announced here by Paul Allen, operator of the Jumpin' Gyminy Rebound Tumbling Center at 4942 Beechnut in Meyerland--

kJFC81Z.png

The website opencorporates has the business name slightly different. I wonder if these were a franchise? Each operation might be slightly different by all spelled with Jumpin' Gyminy.

Jumpin' Gyminy Trampoline Centers, Inc.
Incorporate Date: June 6, 1960
Dissolution Date: March 26, 1962
Registered Agent: C A Parker Jr.
Gw8txbz.jpg

• Like 1

I don't remember the one on Beechnut but I do remember the one on Willowbend Blvd. It was on the north side of the street shortly before the railroad tracks going into the Willowbend subdivision.

There was a brief trampoline center craze in the early 60s. Most were franchises. They were installed at ground level and were inexpensive to build and get going. You'd drive by and see a bunch of people just jumping up and down. I never understood the appeal.

The fad didn't last long,maybe 2 or 3 years. Then these centers all disappeared.

• Like 1