Pasadena Fun Factory At 3802 Allen-Genoa Rd.

Wildcats

Can anyone tell me where I can find pictures of old amusement parks? I was looking for Hanna-Barbera Land, Fame City, and Games People Play. There has got to be pictures somewhere. Also I was curious about pictures of teen hang outs around Humble. For example, Fun Factory, Golf and Games, and 2 movie theaters that are no longer there. Thanks for any help anyone has to offer!!!!!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Pasadena Fun Factory At 3802 Allen-Genoa Rd.

Splitting this into a new thread.

On 1/28/2006 at 3:55 PM, Wildcats said:

Can anyone tell me where I can find pictures of old amusement parks? I was looking for Hanna-Barbera Land, Fame City, and Games People Play. There has got to be pictures somewhere. Also I was curious about pictures of teen hang outs around Humble. For example, Fun Factory, Golf and Games, and 2 movie theaters that are no longer there. Thanks for any help anyone has to offer!!!!!

Sure! I can help you--

Pasadena Fun Factory was located at 3802 Allen Genoa Road. The corporate business name, apparently, was Super Go Kart & Video Arcade, Inc.

Here's an advertisement from the newspaper South Belt Leader dated October 28, 1982.

Attention:
Fun Lovers
This is your
Subpoena to Appear
Texas Fun Commission
For The
**City of Pasadena**

Pasadena Fun Factory
vs -
Dull, Idle Time

Grand Opening:
Friday, Oct. 29
1:00 p.m. To Midight
Saturday, Oct. 30
8:00 a.m. To Midnight
Sunday, Oct. 31
1:00 p.m. To Midnight

You Are Hereby Requested to appears for the grand opening at 382 Allen Genoa Rd. Pasadena, Texas on any or all of the above dates. This citation for personal service shall entitle the bearer to one free go cart ride or one free game of golf with purchase of one of the above at regular price.

Plaintiffs, Go-Carts, Golf & Game Room

Register for Free Prizes at Caddy Shack

Issued and given under the hand and seal at Pasadena Fun Factory.

Attest Owners

rbKqiVc.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the opencorporate entry showing the business name:

Apparently it was owned/managed by Iraj Ghaemmaghami?
Incorporation Date: September 24, 1992
Dissolution Date: July 5, 1999

Note, interesting that the advertisement date and the incorporation date are slightly different. 1982 vs. 1992.

Lkw3xQM.jpg

Interesting! I just looked on Google Earth to try to find the old Go-Kart Race Track/Speedway and it's still there!

Looks to be out of commission. In 10 years these tracks will either be buried under plant life or developed and built over with concrete.

G&M Motors looks to be the current owner. It's an automotive company so I wonder if they actually use the track? I see trucks on the speedway.

p4oVHxa.png