Plants n' Petals At 3810 Westheimer Rd.

Has anyone ever shopped at the Plants n' Petals flower shop located at 3810 Westheimer Road?

I always buy my flowers and plants from Central Market across the street. I wonder how they are different? Maybe buying from Plants n' Petals is supporting a local business whereas buying from CM is supporting a billion dollar corporation. Although, HEB/Central Market is a fantastic company to support!

Love the unique grow houses/green houses.

6PPXx4a.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

always wondered about that place as well as i too get mine from Central Market and on rare occasions from Whole Foods on Post Oak since i can walk there. 

i started a thing with friends during covid called Fresh Flower Fridays where every friday i would get flowers for my condo and post them on social media just to make myself feel happy during covid haha...and it spread with other friends posting theirs as well! 

now it's more like Fresh Flowers Whenever Mine Die Day...but whatever ;) 

• Like 1

One unique thing about PnP is their pot selection. They have hundreds and hundreds of really interesting pots. Including some really large ones. I don't go there for flowers, I go when I need a big pot.

About two years ago I needed four large pots, all matching, but something out of the ordinary. They had dozens of styles to pick from.

PXL_20210501_182045985.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I stopped by the site today to take photos of the Moving Sale banner.  The flower store appears to sit on a large-ish parcel.  It looks really deep with extra parking and storage in the back.

I know the next door frozen yogurt place just went out of business.  The small retail center has a single tenant remaining. If there was a way to combine both of these parcels, you would likely see a multifamily complex here.  Or a condominium.

yn58QN5.jpeg

oK4i7fm.jpeg

On topic/off topic. I noticed these flower arrangements today at CM.  Spectacular!

BJIrNOZ.jpeg

v1WINuO.jpeg

• Like 2

As you mention, this property goes farther back than it seems.

As far as condos, the area may be saturated. The RO condos will be starting soon, and Randall Davis never could get any traction for condos right down the street. The River Oaks condos are also just down the street, and offer a high-end option in that area.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, astrohip said:

As you mention, this property goes farther back than it seems.

As far as condos, the area may be saturated. The RO condos will be starting soon, and Randall Davis never could get any traction for condos right down the street. The River Oaks condos are also just down the street, and offer a high-end option in that area.

A recent article concerning condos

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/commercial-real-estate/high-prices-meet-high-demand-in-houston-the-most-interesting-condo-market-in-the-country-124306

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, AS_ said:

Surely RO Baptist School plans to buy this and the Pinkberry/Zoe's building?

They sent out an email in December stating that they planned on having this wrapped up by this time. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holy Moley that's a good ways. I used to work over near there (Sampson & Polk), east side of downtown. It's about eight miles from where they were. I'll admit, I was spoiled having them just down the street, but I can't see myself driving over there too often (like never). Maybe if I really need some unique containers/pots, since they have an amazing variety. Otherwise, it's just too far.

I wish them well.

• Like 2

A plumbing permit was pulled yesterday for 3810 Westheimer Rd.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Demo building / sewer disconnect
  • FCC Group: Demo; other building(s)

The permits pertain to the forthcoming demolition of the building on the property. Floral shop Plants N' Petals previously occupied the space. The flower recently relocated to 1 N Sampson St, as noted in a post above.

I'm not certain what plans are for the 3810 Westheimer property once it is demolished.

yCG0OeU.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 1:01 PM, AS_ said:

On 5/21/2024 at 11:05 AM, Surly said:

They sent out an email in December stating that they planned on having this wrapped up by this time. 

County records show the 3810 Westheimer parcel is still owned by RAH Investments Inc. et al District on Highland Village LLC. The owner is also the proprietor of Plants 'N Petals. 

In 2020, there appeared to be some confusion of ownership. A lawsuit was brought against the landowner over lack of handicapped parking. 

More from the lawsuit:

[District on Highland Village LLC] (DHV) has submitted evidence from the Texas Secretary of State showing that Plants 'N Petals is a Texas corporation with its mailing address and registered office at 3810 Westheimer Rd., Houston, TX 77027.  The registered agent for Plants 'N Petals is Behrouz Hakakian. Additional evidence from the Texas Secretary of State shows that DHV is a Texas limited liability corporation with its mailing address and registered office at 1 N. Sampson St., Houston, TX 77003. The registered agent for DHV is Ebrahim Hakakian. DHV also has submitted a "Special Warranty Deed" which indicates that on August 8, 2019, before this suit was filed, River Oaks Highland, LLC transferred a 15% interest in the parcel of land on which Plants 'N Petals is located to Avi & Suzanne Ron 2012 Children's Trust. DHV appears to argue that the Special Warranty Deed dated August 8, 2019 establishes that River Oaks Highland, LLC, not DHV, owns the property. In response, White notes that the Special Warranty Deed indicates River Oaks Highland transferred a 15% interest in a five million dollar parcel of land to the Avi & Suzanne Ron Children's Trust for ten dollars, and that "Abraham (Ebrahim) Hakakian is the co-owner [with Avi Ron] of River Oaks Highland, LLC," facts which he argues indicate the "Defendants are playing a sophisticated shellgame using shell companies to hide assets." 

Despite the August 8, 2019 Special Warranty Deed by which River Oaks Highland, LLC tranfered a 15% interest in the land to a children's trust, DHV has presented no evidence demonstrating it held no ownership interest in the property in January 2020 when Plaintiff is alleged to have been denied access to Plants 'N Petals. In fact, the Special Warranty Deed does not even demonstrate that DHV transferred its interest to River Oaks Highland, LLC—only that River Oaks transferred a 15% interest to a children's trust. In addition, 2020 records from the Harris County Appraisal District show that the owners of the land at 3810 Westheimer Rd. are "RAH Investments Inc. et al District on Highland Village LLC 4808 Gibson St. 3rd Flr Houston TX 77007-5480." The owners of the improvements at 3810 Westheimer Rd. are "Hakakian Ebrahim & Behrouz 3810 Westheimer Rd. Houston TX 77027-5004." Id. Thus, the only conclusions the Court can draw from the record before it are that (1) Plants 'N Petals, Inc. is a separate corporation from DHV, RAH Investments, Inc., or River Oaks Highland, LLC.; (2) Behrouz Hakakian is the registered agent for Plants 'N Petals, Inc.; (3) Ehrahim and Behrouz Hakakian own a building at 3810 Westheimer Rd.; (4) RAH Investments, Inc. et al, District on Highland Village LLC (DHV) are identified as owners of real property located at 3810 Westheimer for the tax year 2020; and (5) in August 2019 River Oaks Highland transferred a 15% interest in the parcel at 3810 Westheimer to a children's trust.

https://casetext.com/case/white-v-dist-on-highland-vill-llc

Last school year, River Oaks Baptist School secured 1.8 acres of contiguous property, bringing the campus footprint to near 16 acres in the heart of Houston. Since January, members of the Strategic Planning Core Committee have been working with Future Design School to set ROBS’ priorities and strategic direction for the next five years, including how best to use the new property.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Surly said:

Last school year, River Oaks Baptist School secured 1.8 acres of contiguous property, bringing the campus footprint to near 16 acres in the heart of Houston. Since January, members of the Strategic Planning Core Committee have been working with Future Design School to set ROBS’ priorities and strategic direction for the next five years, including how best to use the new property.  

Thanks. I am aware of River Oaks Baptist School's plans to acquire the 3810 Westheimer Rd parcel.

Your initial post stated the school's plan to purchase this property as part of its expansion. My post was to provide an update the county has no records of this property trading hands yet (or at least documents have not been recorded to the county clerk's database).

On 5/20/2024 at 1:01 PM, AS_ said:

On 5/21/2024 at 11:05 AM, Surly said:

17 hours ago, Surly said:

Below is a diagram showing the future land acquisitions for the River Oaks Baptist School campus expansion. The diagram is from the school's Vine & Branch Summer 2024 publication.

The school plans to purchased the following parcels, if it hasn't already:

• 3810 Westheimer Rd
  • 3838 Westheimer Rd

Text from the publication:

River Oaks Baptist secures 1.8 acres of contiguous property, bringing the campus footprint to nearly 16 acres in the heart of Houston.

https://issuu.com/riveroaksbaptistschool/docs/robs_vineandbranch_2024_v8_final_file/12

uG1SDfY.png

• Like 2

On 9/13/2024 at 11:03 AM, Surly said:

My apologies. You are correct and I was wrong. River Oaks Baptist School did purchased the 3810 Westheimer Rd property in December. It's on the diagram in the previous post. Also, it's shown in the HCAD database.

Since the school's acquisition of 3810 Westheimer and 3838 Westheimer, is it likely this will be replatted? And if so, will the replat be proposed before the end of the year? Any insight from those familiar with the platting process or plans for this school is greatly appreciated.

Wv3wry9.jpeg

• Like 1