East Blocks: 10-Block Mixed-Use Redevelopment In EaDo

texan

I was in EaDo last week, I unexpectedly rode past a couple blocks and the location of these warehouses are going to be huge for the area. It reminds me of MKT in the Heights but on a larger scale. Hopefully it becomes something like the Bishop Arts District in Dallas.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, LosFeliz said:

Love this project but wish at least one building would be developed as a live/work space for creative types. 

Are none of the buildings planned to be residential? That'd be a big letdown if so

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Are none of the buildings planned to be residential? That'd be a big letdown if so

Wouldn't worry about it. Pagewood isn't a MF developer, but this project and everything planned in the general area will create demand for housing, the residential will be there.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Wouldn't worry about it. Pagewood isn't a MF developer, but this project and everything planned in the general area will create demand for housing, the residential will be there.

I agree with that, I just have some concerns about the way EaDo seems to be developing in a bit of a "commercial downtown / residential outskirts" kind of way, which is preserving (and in some cases creating) demand for large surface parking lots. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, E.Res said:

I wonder how the i45 North construction project will  affect this project  and EADO in general.

I think this project will transform eado and despite the disruption from the i45 construction, the neighborhood will still be vibrant and connected to the rest of the city.

The main thoroughfares into and out of eado should be functional throughout construction I believe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E.Res said:

I think eado will go into a lull during this time.  Unless something has changed Polk will eventually be closed to going into downtown permanently

I do wonder what the options will be for pedestrians and bikes. Improving connectivity between downtown and EaDo seems like such an obvious thing to prioritize right now, but what do I know

• Like 1