EV Charging Hub - 208 Main Street

hindesky

Posted (edited)

So this is a Shell Recharge EV Hub and not a gas station with convenience store. I guess Chaad Whitmire put a halt to MS2.0. "Let's not inconvenience cars to accommodate pedestrians" said Chaad Whitmire allegedly.

Architect - https://gpdgroup.com

wGU9c9x.pngywqIvSC.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, hindesky said:

I guess Chaad Whitmire put a halt to MS2.0. "Let's not inconvenience cars to accommodate pedestrians" said Chaad Whitmire allegedly.

I don't follow Whitmire as closely as many, so can you explain to me what "Chaad" is a reference to?  It doesn't seem to be his legal name.  If it is a pejorative, let's keep that kind of thing in the Politics section, and leave the rest of the forum for facts, not being a jerk to people we don't know.

1 hour ago, editor said:

I don't follow Whitmire as closely as many, so can you explain to me what "Chaad" is a reference to?  It doesn't seem to be his legal name.  If it is a pejorative, let's keep that kind of thing in the Politics section, and leave the rest of the forum for facts, not being a jerk to people we don't know.

Conservative hiding as a democrat = Chaad.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Conservative hiding as a democrat = Chaad.

Ah, thanks.  I was more familiar with DINO.  Still, let's keep that sort of thing in the Politics section.

• Sad 1

• The title was changed to Electric vehicle charging hub - 208 Main Street
  • The title was changed to EV Charging Hub - 208 Main Street

I asked about this at the EV charger development at the More Space Mainstreet 2.0 workshop today. It looks like the block of Main on that side of Hotel Icon remains open to vehicular traffic as it is currently, similar to how it's open to vehicle traffic in front of Kirby Lofts and the old CVS towards Mainstreet Square. There's a chance what Shell develops on that site could change, though, since there was a sentiment that they may have been unaware of the Main Street 2.0 project when purchasing those parcels.  

On 3/29/2024 at 12:34 PM, hindesky said:

Maybe Chaad Whitmire already cancelled MS2.0?

I asked if there was any chance of this, and it's extremely unlikely. He's given statements that currently support the projects.

Edited by jermh
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...