The Heights Information & Developments

jookyhc

I'm glad someone mentioned this. It's not the Shepherd side where this is starting to happen but more the Durham side. I noticed that from the North Loop to about 18th Street, a couple of those lots have not only gone but the original "sales" booths have been cleared away. I also see some more of the garden style terrace homes popping up around W. 21st on the west side. That leads me to believe that demographic shift IS in fact becoming real. Before, you would only see thoe new terrace homes to the east of Durham/Shepherd.

I went to Love Elementary across the street and next block down, and even at that age, I had high anticipation of the new cars coming out every year. Back then, all the car makers revealed their new lines at about the same time (October). As the time neared, I would walk by that very showroom every afternoon on my way home just to see if the new Fords were out yet.

That photo must have been taken in

• 1 month later...

What do you think of the new construction going on between 4th and 5th on the Blvd? Does anyone have any opinions on living on the Blvd? There is a house to be moved and a home will be built. Im interested in moving to the area. Tuscan home was recently completed. Any info?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Long time lurker here. I am just trying to find out about info on Heights 1st Saturday and I am trying to find out how active the area is during this time every month. If anybody has any info on how well this monthly event is, please post. Also, what time do the crowds, if there are any, start to show up? Trying to go this weekend. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by WesternGulf

Hey, forget 1st Saturday!

Sunday is the Heights Festival! It is one of my favorite festivals of the year. It's very family oriented, but singles would find it interesting as well. If you've never been, treat yourself on Sunday. You won't be disappointed!

Hey, forget 1st Saturday!

Sunday is the Heights Festival! It is one of my favorite festivals of the year. It's very family oriented, but singles would find it interesting as well. If you've never been, treat yourself on Sunday. You won't be disappointed!

Don't forget 1st Saturday http://www.heightsfirstsaturday.com/ or the Heights Festival! Go to both of them! There's lots of great people watching and shopping and art-Yale Street Arts and Flower Market http://www.yalestreetmarket.com/ and you may even see some HAIF artists there :rolleyes: .

B)

Hey thanks for the info. Although the Festival on Sunday is an annual event, I probably will not make it. From reading upon both events, I think 1st Saturday is more my vibe. Especially the Yale Street Market. I like the more traditional things like seeing people shop for artwork on stilts under canopies and shopping at one of the many antique boutiques along West 19th. I hate festivals and that is what the thing that takes place on Sunday seems like. The 1st Saturday seems like something exclusive to the Heights and more of a traditional neighborhood event. The New Orleans musicians and artist drew me in too.

Edited by WesternGulf

Don't forget 1st Saturday http://www.heightsfirstsaturday.com/ or the Heights Festival! Go to both of them! There's lots of great people watching and shopping and art-Yale Street Arts and Flower Market http://www.yalestreetmarket.com/ and you may even see some HAIF artists there :rolleyes: .

B)

Be sure to post the events in the Calendar.

I heard it was based on the owner's sons names. Benjaman and Herman. Then they changed that a bit because they thought Ben Hur looked better then Ben Her.

ah okay, thanks - i can't help thinking of charlton heston and chariots every time i pass by!

Edited by sevfiv